So what did you do with your truck today?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Didn't do anything but I'm gonna count it anyway. Got a sweet little care package from @Thewespaul looks good but I'm going to wait for slightly warmer weather before installing it lol

You must be registered for see images attach
nice! i love good clean wiring work!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finally got my gauges installed in the 6.9 just got to fasten the pod down but they work great. Egts haven't gotten above 1000, water temp right at 195, and hot oil pressure is 45lbs at 2k rpm and 17ish I'd say at idle! Awesome.

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well don't say that mericals don't come true, I ordered a overhead console BC4Z-70519A70-B from my Ford dealer on Friday and they said, none were in the system. Well today they called and said it was in so they are out there.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still working on the "Cab Swap Truck" for brother. Currently I removed the remaining floor of the old dump bed with plans to build a new dump "flatbed".

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed mine. It's not exactly clean, but I feel a little better about all the sand and salt that must have been blasted in there over the last few weeks. I really don't want any rust after all the work I put into it.

Last time I saw a truck shed this much mud and sand, I was still in Alberta working in the oil patch. I'm glad spring is just around the corner. Poor truck:(

On the upside, the fluidfilm undercoating seems to be doing its job. Even after powerwashing, the water is beading off like it should.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another 2nd hand score. An old school 48" metal lathe. Soviet block manufactured in Hungary. It needs some work, but all the right things are still there.

The placard claims dry weight of nearly 3200lbs. The truck handled it fine, but with such a tall load like this, I'll use the trailer next time. The box just doesn't have adequate tie down points for this kind of weight. If you look carefully at the rear view of the bumper, you can actually see the frame has bowed down ever so slightly. It of course bounced back once we took the load off (insert standard disclaimer here).

Now to get serious about getting a phase converter!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That was a nice score, David. Being from Hungary and Soviet made, I'd bet it could do metric threads as well as SAE. You could use it the thread gun barrels. That's just talk that I heard from an old gunsmith.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a nice score, David. Being from Hungary and Soviet made, I'd bet it could do metric threads as well as SAE. You could use it the thread gun barrels. That's just talk that I heard from an old gunsmith.

Looking at the chart on the side, it does have settings for metric and imperial thread cutting. I was unable to see it run but it seems to be in good condition. Everything is still smooth and tight. The main switch is supposedly the only defective part.

IDI87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well don't say that mericals don't come true, I ordered a overhead console BC4Z-70519A70-B from my Ford dealer on Friday and they said, none were in the system. Well today they called and said it was in so they are out there.
Do you have a picture of it?

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the hitch in the mail today, but a quick test fit looks like it interferes with the spare tire. Going to have to figure out what to do about that.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's incredible. What a cool machine! How did you get it unloaded?

We used the bull dozer to lift it off the bed, drove out from underneath, then lowered the machine on the concrete pad in front of the shop. A pallet jack was enough to get it rolled the rest of the way into position in the shop. Sorry, no pictures of the dozer lift. It was a little sketchy but we got it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88