So what did you do with your truck today?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had put new brake pads on frint now she stop with no grinding noise first time I've changed them on a big truck, next task is stuff off the short list of parts plus oil/fuel filter change.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Well at 260k miles I’ve had my first engine fault. Exhaust is chuffing like a burnt/cracked exhaust valve and egts are higher than normal. This engine has served me very well in my 93 and taken a lot of abuse. Between testing turbo kits and running nitrous it’s amazing it’s lasted this long. Still starts up and runs well but looks like the idit will be going in sooner than planned.

My 90 oil burner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pressure washed frame and engine. My buddy laid harness on table and stripped old loom and tape off to get ready for repairs on it. Ordered more parts

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY got my pistons in my block to make the short block complete. It's getting closer to going back in.
Well you’re a step ahead of me, my idit rods and pistons have been sitting on the bench for over a year now, waiting to go into my block for the 93...

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set my window visers on tool box back in cleaned a lil of the engine bay by hand with la awesome next fuel filter more under truck cleaning widshield replacement in a few weeks.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well you’re a step ahead of me, my idit rods and pistons have been sitting on the bench for over a year now, waiting to go into my block for the 93...
Well it hasn't been quite a year yet, but WAAAAAY too long for me. I have to hitchhike on a tractor just to sniff the diesel exhaust sometimes to help the withdrawal symptoms!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new fuel filter the other day, the light has been coming on for a while now at higher RPMs.

I haven't gotten a chance to take good comparison shots since the headlight relay upgrade because there's two very large and bright lights across the street from me but I took a shot heading into work today. It's dawn and before the relays you could barely tell my headlights were on in this lighting. Now if you look closely in town you can tell even with the streetlights.

The camera makes it look much darker than it really was. You could just start to see clearly with no lights.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I changed the vacuum pump. Easy with the puller/installed (OEM 27031). It is a perfect fit, although it's a bit tricky to get hands, clamshell halves and retaining ring, puller bolt/bearing all in place while dodging the fan blades and shroud!

But - that damn high-pitched metallic "chirp" is still there! Will post another thread and see if there are any other ideas. It's driving me nuts (said the pirate with the steering wheel in his underwear).

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New fuel filter came in today.

Old one was full of sand?

I'll be tossing that bottom cap in the glove box in case of roadside emergencies. I didn't see how the filter could be plugged so soon but I guess I do now! About 10k miles on it, put it on in October of 2016 in Jacksboro Texas before I drove the truck home!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better it's in your filter than in your IP... :D
Could that debris be rust particles from your tanks?

It's possible, but the tanks don't appear rusty on the outside. I was shocked after driving it, she'll spin up quite a bit quicker now!

There was red dust EVERYWHERE on this truck when I got it, good old dirt roads lol. Still is a lot in the doors and I'm sure the heater ducts could use a good cleaning. I think it was just dirt. The filter that was in it when I picked it up was pretty full too. After driving it home and fixing a bunch of little issues (weak starter, very retarded timing, leaking everything) I kinda wondered how I made it home! Driving it around Texas when I FIRST got it it didn't even want to go 55mph!