So what did you do with your truck today?

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed the leak at the unobtainium windshield washer reservoir elbow. A pinch clamp distorted the rubber elbow just enough that it still leaked a little. So I used shrink tubing for a nice dry repair.

Found the exterior grab handles in the toolbox that matched the screw holes in the pillars, so I wire-wheeled all the black paint off them and screwed them on, with butyl tape under the screws.

Also aired up the tires which I'd never checked since buying it last month... anywhere from 30 to 40 lbs in the 265-75R16 "Mud Terrain" tires! I put 52 lbs in the front and 50 in the rear since I mostly drive it unloaded.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Still sluggin away on the cab swap & upgrades job. These are the bud wheels after sand blasting and powdercoat.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still sluggin away on the cab swap & upgrades job. These are the bud wheels after sand blasting and powdercoat.

Those look beautiful!

I'd consider that but then I'd HAVE to leave my stainless wheel covers off and I kinda like them lol! I'm strongly thinking about painting mine black come warm weather.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the engine a lil still trying to find a way to get a fresh set of engine decals like the ones that came factory on the replaced the glow plugs controller that caught fire last Saturday snagged one for a junkyard for $20 off a blown 1994 7.3 brand new would be over $100 a summer project.

Blew dust off the air filter cleaned some oil/grease off places I seen it's a semi OCD thing vacummed the floor boards,soon to get seats redone bed relined n maybe truck repainted the factory two tone summer project if all goes well n changed oil n installed windshield wipers on wife's 98 Oldsmobile 88 Royale ls

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The (in)famous new-to-me truck that has consumed much of my free time and money for the last month... probably not doing anything to it today though! :)

Thinking of having "Pig in a Poke" lettered on the tailgate...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Picked up a half yard of "special soil" for the wifeys garden of hell" yesterday. Today I get to unload it one shovel full at a time. So thats 1000 lbs being shoveled twice. Once out of the rig into the garden cart. then out of the cart into EXACTLY where she wants it.... My life as a dirt farmer sucks when I have plenty to do on my new to me Craftsman 12 inch lathe...

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pallet from work....

That trailer is a full size car hauler, able to fit an extended cab idi easily...
That pallet is around 8' wide by 12' long, made of 2 cross layers of 4x4s and 4x6's, with a solid 2x8+ deck.
That was a fun job loading it.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my gauges! Now the gauges I have are boost, pyro, water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure. Pyro and boost on dash. Oil temp, water temp, and oil pressure on pillar.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my gauges! Now the gauges I have are boost, pyro, water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure. Pyro and boost on dash. Oil temp, water temp, and oil pressure on pillar.

I always gotta do work on my truck at night since during the days I'm working usually like 05 to 2000

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on a bumper build, don't worry I will be filling in under the main top tubes.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Make two [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48] haha

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a massive snow storm here in East Texas, almost 2 inches, so I took my truck to town for supplies, in 2 wd. I was a hero.

chicken bones

Docker
Reaction score
Maybe it didn't happen today,but was the last job I tackled , replaced two front fenders, Core Support & bushings, Radiator, Belt tensioner , oil cooler , turbo lube pipe, door hinge , head lights, and descaled/painted the oil pan.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it didn't happen today,but was the last job I tackled , replaced two front fenders, Core Support & bushings, Radiator, Belt tensioner , oil cooler , turbo lube pipe, door hinge , head lights, and descaled/painted the oil pan.

I need new fenders :cry:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828