So what did you do with your truck today?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks boss. Might have to do that next weekend on next paycheck

Yep it’s the wheelchair one from harbor freight. Works perfect to load items. Pull up curbside and the ramp folds down on the sidewalk and you can roll a hand Truck on and off. I found it in their open box section for $80

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call to move two trailers. I get there and they have been living in them for the last 10 years and weren’t in any way ready to move. Had to clear out all the living quarters and air up the tires. The fifth wheel was parked around a newly built fence so I could only get at it completely sideways. All on gravel lots full of boulders. Never again! Plus it was a loaded down 35ft camper. So heavy my reverse wouldn’t budge it in a ditch we rolled through.
You must be registered for see images attach

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a trip to my home in Montana 5 hours away this weekend. (6.5 hours due to road conditions) Truck ran great especially with royal purple 75-140 in the rear end and a 08-10 finned diff cover that both got put in right before the trip. Did break a throttle cable on the way home, but thank the LORD that it was about 2 miles from my bosses house. I borrowed his loaner and came back with a junkyard cable to replace the autozone one. Funny thing is it is easier to push than the AZ one. I then warrantied the AZ cable and now have a spare in the toolbox in case. I also called ford and they want $140 for a new oem one! Also averaged 16.9 mpg over the trip. Pretty happy to get such good mpg out of a 27 year old truck that weighs 7400 lbs and looks great. OH, and dont forget has twice the power it did as a stock na idi!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauled two cars on my equipment trailer, now today going to move a ford tractor

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauled a ford 355, pretty heavy with all attachments. Truck did fine bough!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the autometer electric oil pressure gauge installed in place of the junk Bosch one. Slightly over 12.5 at hot idle [I'd guess 14-15] and right on 37.5 at anything over 1500 rpm. Over 2500 it's prob 45. Cold start this morning it was a good bit over 50.. maybe 65 ish? Seemed pretty high but it was 25f.

In other comedies with the shared ground my factory junk gauge now reads below the n in normal whereas before it read at the o in normal. Unless I smack the top of the dash and then sometimes it will sway side to side slowly as electric gets used or not.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Hauled two cars on my equipment trailer, now today going to move a ford tractor
That is one pretty Stang! Wat kinda hay u feed it? Lol but really that is a lovely car.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THUD,THUD,THUD,THUD,THUD,SCRAPE,BANG,POP,THUD,THUD....were the noises coming from the front drivers side of chip truck last Friday after work.Very little brakes left.Limp home,slow and easy on back roads.Pulled the wheel yesterday to find the brake rotor had broken in half.
So close to be being done with the truck for the season.The rotors were warped and I have lifetime warrantied dimpled and slotted ones on there from brakeperformance.com........problem is,they're out in Cali and shipping would result in the truck being down for too long.I was putting it off until mid December when the truck was put away for winter......so close! So had to run to AZ and toss a cheap one on there for now.

So these last 68,000 on a commercially used truck.They've been warped since 50k miles though probably.This was back when first installed.
Now since one has broken,I wonder if they'll accept a pic rather than me having to ship them back.I could just drive out there to avoid shipping charges.:D

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got tired of none of my gauge holders matching and looking like a back job so I made this out of oak to match the giant overhead console..

I plan on doing something similar out of stainless for mine. It's real nice having access to a laser table at work!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made a trip to go pick up my trailer and bring it home. Truck ran great. Mileage is pretty questionable. Engine has less than 2500 miles on it so I’m hoping it will improve a little as it breaks in.

It’s back there I swear.

This is like the first post I’ve made in this thread where I actually did something with the truck. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online