So what did you do with your truck today?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out my cab bushings the other day in an attempt to rid myself of a heinous random clunking. It seems to have worked, but that brought to light just how bad my tire imbalance is.

I thought I knew which tire it was. Swapped it out yesterday and I think it's worse :frustrate

Swapped my two left drive tires to my steers and visa versa. Hopefully it'll help.

I have new steers on the way... but doesn't it figure they're on back order!-cussI emailed requesting a lead time and their reply was

So basically no help at all.

If they don't contact me by Friday night, I'll be calling. I realize it's "tire season" but cmon, am I waiting a week or a month? Ugh!

/rant
Order a set of balance beads! I run them in all my tires. Work so much better than weights

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Order a set of balance beads! I run them in all my tires. Work so much better than weights

Yeah well I could try that but I'd like to get a set of good tires lol! The two causing the vibration are load range G trailer tires. Between that and the noticeable hydroplaneing in the rain, with the snow coming I just need decent steer tires.

Good news is swapping the wheels around helped quite a bit, the vibration is still there, but it's not rattling my teeth loose anymore!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah well I could try that but I'd like to get a set of good tires lol! The two causing the vibration are load range G trailer tires. Between that and the noticeable hydroplaneing in the rain, with the snow coming I just need decent steer tires.

Good news is swapping the wheels around helped quite a bit, the vibration is still there, but it's not rattling my teeth loose anymore!
Oh wow! I always wondered how trailer tires would work on a truck

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any faster driving? Lol
That could do it. Most trailer tires aren't rated very high speed wise.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Can't remember, fastest I've had it was 65-70. Now you're gonna make me read the sidewall to check speed rating lol!

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped motors in my 85 this past weekend. Purged the lines and she started right up!

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spotted the camper in the yard for the winter.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a custom goosneck hitch so I can tow both my trailers with the ford now!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86