So what did you do with your truck today?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they cut those holes or is it rust? Trying to save weight on a dump truck.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to online history, "the seventh generation F-series was re-designed with a goal of getting better fuel economy and drastic measures were taken to reduce weight including cutting large holes in the frame". May have sounded like a good idea at the time however it was short lived. To remedy this, I had a local steel shop plasma cut 2.875" round slugs which I'll weld in place.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally finished up installing some gauges. The truck came with a Banks pyro and ISSPRO tach already, so I decided to keep those and for the new gauges, it made sense to go with the ISSPRO Ev2 gauges as well as a Banks boost gauge so that everything would match.

Since my truck is a bullnose, I had to cut up a pillar pod to make it fit right. I got both gauge pods from Glowshift as they were fairly cheap compared to others. The fit on the pillar pod isn't perfect, but it gets the job done. I don't really think it's worth it to match the interior colors, that's not too important to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look who went missing on the job today

THIS is why I swapped to Hydroboost. The last time this happened I had to have the truck towed home (and I needed fresh pants), that gave me motivation to ditch the vacuum brakes. The belt that broke today was the fourth new belt I've given it in 20k miles, I put it on last June. I tell you what, the peace of mind in knowing that my brakes don't rely on that floppy POS belt anymore is well worth all the cost and effort of the swap.

New belt goes on tomorrow, I'm looking for the part number now for the short alternator belt so I can give that a shot, I'll run the shorty and keep a new regular length one behind the seat just incase it doesn't like the short belt. Serpentine swap is sounding real good right about now...

Some extra pics, one showing how it broke and one showing why it broke:

IDI87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been driving mine all over. Picked up a trailer last week and loaded it down with three good sized trees (over 20 feet tall and at least 18 inches in diameter) yesterday. Old girl pulled it like it wasn't even there, and heading home with the load going up hill here in socal my egt's never got above 800.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Look who went missing on the job today

THIS is why I swapped to Hydroboost. The last time this happened I had to have the truck towed home (and I needed fresh pants), that gave me motivation to ditch the vacuum brakes. The belt that broke today was the fourth new belt I've given it in 20k miles, I put it on last June. I tell you what, the peace of mind in knowing that my brakes don't rely on that floppy POS belt anymore is well worth all the cost and effort of the swap.

New belt goes on tomorrow, I'm looking for the part number now for the short alternator belt so I can give that a shot, I'll run the shorty and keep a new regular length one behind the seat just incase it doesn't like the short belt. Serpentine swap is sounding real good right about now...

Some extra pics, one showing how it broke and one showing why it broke:

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New alternator belt installed @ 314,450 miles. Gates belt, made in the USA, let's see if this one lasts more than 10K miles.

Couldn't get my hands on the short belt today, so it's the regular length one. I'll be picking up a shorty next week hopefully, might swap it in then just to see how it does.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I dug out my truck and prepared it for its long trip to Goose's Garage tomorrow for a butt-makeover. (Think J-Lo heehee)

I'm ashamed how I've let it go to such neglect but now that the kids are old enough to function (walk and talk and use a *****) I believe I'll be able to get back to maybe 1% of my "projects". Maybe 3%? :p:p:p

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spent an hour on the Bridgeport,
and the rest of the night avoiding the woman
was told "go work on your f'n truck because that's all important to you"
first time that's happened in 4 years.
I dared not to take her up on her kind offer, but I wanted to! LOL

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Removing sound deadener when it gets light out. Stuff is like rubber tar and a pain to remove. Gotta love bad OEM ideas....
Have any suggestions?

But, I did get the carpet "cleaned" and it looks like it'll come back and be good after all.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Dropped Rocinante off for his playdate!!!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk