sludge in filtered wmo

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Looks like this is the OEM of the Spinner II? At that price I'd be interested in 2 of them. One to filter between barrels and maybe one mounted in the truck? Wow imagine being able to drop lightly filtered WMO into your tanks and just have this thing in-line?

Hrm. Sludge build up in the tanks though I would think. In any case scribble me down for at least one.

tigafila

Reaction score
Mine is set up strictly in the shop, but several have set them up for on the fly filtering/dewatering. Tigafila

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
From what I have understood the centrifuges will separate water but there is no way to drain it off without it going back into solution with the oil. How do they drain off the h20?

Mine is set up strictly in the shop, but several have set them up for on the fly filtering/dewatering. Tigafila

tigafila

Reaction score
Mike, I heat to 160F and when the oil goes through the jets in the centrifuge the water flash evaporates and comes out the drain as steam. If there is a lot of water that collects in the bowl you can catch it when you shut the centrifuge down. But you'd almost have to suck that much water in on purpose. Tigafila

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
What do you use to heat the oil?

Mike, I heat to 160F and when the oil goes through the jets in the centrifuge the water flash evaporates and comes out the drain as steam. If there is a lot of water that collects in the bowl you can catch it when you shut the centrifuge down. But you'd almost have to suck that much water in on purpose. Tigafila

tigafila

Reaction score
I'm no originator I just copied some really smart designs, I was trying to post a link but I'll have to get it later. I built a heater out of 1.5" pipe 24" long with t's on both ends. Hot water heating elements screw in the t's from the ends, your oil comes from the gear pump into the side of the first t and exits out the side of the second t and goes on to the centrifuge, pressure relief valve and bypass valve. there are some great discussions at the infopop site but I can't seem to get a link right now. Tigafila

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do keep us posted, this sounds very interesting, all other centrifuge things I've seen were very pricey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin