Sled pulling a 6.9 at the county fair

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
yeah these losers around here think that their cummins and powerjokers are the coolest thing since sliced bread. lol. and there is a few 12 valves that pull that are stock and they only push 160hp so we might be equal to them if we got strategy. and the early 7.3 powerstrokes are only what 210? im thinkin if we load up on weight and low tire psi and the right gear we got a good shot. the track is always alittle on the tacky side every year

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
a guy i know has a 6.9 n/a that used to have a ats turbo and when it did he pulled better than most early powerstrokes and cummins. the worst part about it is that they got these big cummins and powerstrokes that smoke and stuff but they wont pull them because there parents wont let them.....well if it wasnt ur daddys truck then why dont you come out here and play. me and IH POWER are proving we aint just talkers we will try to pull even if we dont do the greatest

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Whenever someone puts down any of my trucks I tell them lets see your xxxx drive 500 miles to a truck show, go mud bogging, rock climbing, drive 150 miles wheel all weekend, then drive home, act as a daily driver and go to several pulls, pull and drive home unbroken.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been my observation that moving the sled from point A to B is easy. Point C is another matter. Most sleds, the way they are set up, the pulling vehicle can sucessfully lift the pan off the track, or at least greatly reduce it's friction during the initial part of the pull. This gets you at least to the first 100' mark. Once the weight box passes the sled wheels and the pan drops, that is where point B is reached. Most any gear combination with any speed with get you there. What differentiates people who make it past point B is inertia, wheel speed, torque, and luck. Once that pan drops, everybody stops. The only difference is how far the sled itself will slide from its own weight based on its forward momentum. This is why wheel speed is so important once the tires lock into the track. You've got to get that sled moving fast enough so that you can essentially throw it like a medicine ball. In my mind, the most important thing about pulling is doing it and being able to drive away with your dignity. Breaking, while always a crowd pleaser, leaves little room for consolation when applause or laughter replaces a distance number as the memorable achievement.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Ya kinda want to pull the fummins but its only a 2wd dually and i do not want to break it

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
yeah another thing that people dont realize is that "hey my trucks still under warranty, i can break it and get it fixed". well if ya read the fine print it states no competeion use on most new trucks. and most chances are the mechanics at ur local dealer will be at the pull watching you and arent stupid lol.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got it Keeway you guys will do well please record it. Also there's a sc dually 7.3 4x4 on YouTube jefferson county fair I believe blue an white n/a stock an if I remember the fuel is not turned up. It pulls hard and placed well.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
What rearend gears are in your truck, and what size tires are on it?

Vital information before we say what gear to get after it in.

If I tried a first gear pull with my truck, I would be walking along at 5 MPH. I got a PSD ZF that has a REALLY LOW first gear.

If it was me in my truck, LOTS of throttle, second gear start with a little slip and hold her balls out. I have 3.55's and stock 235/85R16 tires though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86