Should I keep it ??

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
So I have an aftermarket condenser from an auto air conditioner. Brand new, still in the box, and the ends are still capped from the factory. I am cleaning out the garage so should I throw this out ?????? Looking for some reasons to keep it and possibly use it on my IDI some times down the road. :dunno Your suggestions for an application would be appreciated.................

tractorman86

Reaction score
do you have any pics or dimentions? i sure wouldn't through out a good new part, if nothing else give it to someone else who will use it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, these make a great transmission cooler - I flushed mine off the R134 remainders and now I run ATF through it, even after WOT runs with the converter unlocked the return line stays nice and cool.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally (speaking from my PackRat POV) I'd Have to keep a NIB condenser since they are not going down in price anytime soon.;Sweet On the pessimistic side:eek:, a random rock on the highway may find a new abode in your old condenser. But then on the bright side, maybe it won't make it to your windshield.:angel:

Rick

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, these make a great transmission cooler - I flushed mine off the R134 remainders and now I run ATF through it, even after WOT runs with the converter unlocked the return line stays nice and cool.

was thinkin the same thing when i read the OP.id use one on my psd but my intercooler takes up too much space so i run 2 tranny coolers.1 in the grill and 1 in the bumper with a fan on it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have two coolers, right on top of the A/C condenser, but since my A/C sucked so I chose to sacrifice it in favor of the transmission, for now at least.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online