Shelf-it visor thing any good?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
My truck came with one in it- it was the model that did not have the visors mounted to the bottom of it. I didn't like not having visors, plus the shelf thingy was almost directly in my line of sight so I removed it and put in regular visors. I still have it sitting in my garage.

wanna sell it!?

JRNOLL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one I have is from Steelhorse . I have my CB in the middle. My son is tall from the waist up and says that it blocks his vision some. But for me It works great. Joe

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and in my crew cab with good bench seats (not sagging) it doesn't block my view. Mine is not the same as the one pictured but very similar, though not as nice looking. I know for a fact that my head will hit it if I have a crash. No matter how good of a seatbelt you've got you're going to be flailing around some. Rolled a Toyota Corolla at 45 mph once and learned to wear my seatbelt, and not have lots of loose stuff around. Both me and my brother were belted in and didn't get so much as a scratch. The car was a different story.

In most states its a felony to be carrying a concealed weapon. Every state is different, Kentucky is better than most, but if it isn't in your glove compartment or in PLAIN view it is concealed, no matter if its a handgun or long gun or whatever. And all it takes is an afternoon and $140 and a few week wait and you get your constitutional right back here in KY. I certainly don't want someone to lose their right to self defense because they thought on the shelf was open carry and the judicial system thought different.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck came with one in it- it was the model that did not have the visors mounted to the bottom of it. I didn't like not having visors, plus the shelf thingy was almost directly in my line of sight so I removed it and put in regular visors. I still have it sitting in my garage.

let me know if your getting rid of it or willing to ;Really

Steel horse makes them too? I got some more looking around to do shelf it was the only company i knew of that made em. If i get one I'll happily take pics of it. How hard is it to fab one up, just reuse an old sheet metal shelf for the main or what

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
In most states its a felony to be carrying a concealed weapon. Every state is different, Kentucky is better than most, but if it isn't in your glove compartment or in PLAIN view it is concealed, no matter if its a handgun or long gun or whatever. And all it takes is an afternoon and $140 and a few week wait and you get your constitutional right back here in KY. I certainly don't want someone to lose their right to self defense because they thought on the shelf was open carry and the judicial system thought different.

Some people think Florida is the wild west already but I would like to add open carry to the laws we already have.

I like the shelf also. I would like to get one for my farm truck.

Burt.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only picture I have of mine installed in my truck, from clear back when I first bought it:

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, goofy and rhk, gonecrazy called dibs on it but if he's not interested I'll let you guys know :)

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I got one in the 97 f150 I traded for and I like it. Comes in handy sometimes. Only thing I don't like is the way the sun visors are mounted. I'm 6' and it doesn't block my view with the visors up.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
If I remember correctly they are covered in Headliner material so it would be pretty easy. Just rip off what is there and then recover. Headliner material can be bought at any auto recovery shop on the cheap and then just use spray adhesive to hold it in place. The center console is just molded plastic so you can paint that. I haven't used the new stuff that came out on the market a few years back for painting patio furniture that is supposed to make a bond like glue to plastic but that's what I would try vs just normal paint.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I don't like em.....the fabric type stuff flakes off after awhile and the adhesive will let go and then it will sag like an headliner.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would need a pretty big vat of dye.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance