Sell it whole or part it out?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion.....

If it were me, I'd try to sell your truck for $2K without the oil set up in the front tank. I think you'd be able to sell that for $400-500 on it's own to somebody who understands how much $ it takes to collect and install that stuff, and your system is obviously tested and works. If you get somebody who's really interested in the truck, your negotiation is the oil system: you say I'll haggle to this level "X" without the oil system, or you can have it as it sits for "Y".

I wouldn't get into parting your truck out as it will be a time suck, and it sounds like you don't have much. Parting stuff out is great if you have the time, but if you count your time it's sometimes very hard to justify. If you have to pull the oil system off, at least it's a nice, easy, finite job.

Good luck whichever way you go ;Sweet

basilbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm reluctant to pull off the WVO system, because it's so built in at this point - I moved the pollack, pulled the fuel lines and replaced them for the front tank (with HIH mind you), cut a hole in the top of the front tank to drop in my tank heater, etc. etc. etc. I don't even have return lines for the front tank anymore, I just T-ed it in on the suction side. To put it back to stock would be a pain - but I can put in switches to cut out the electric heaters that are relayed to come on when you switch to the front tank right now. That plus a valve to cut the tank heater out of the coolant loop would let you run diesel in it without worrying about overheating the fuel - though it's still T-ed into the suction side and has no return, so I'd be mildly concerned about that, especially in the summer.
I think shadetree is right - I need to find somebody that wants to run WVO but doesn't have the time/knowledge/willingness to put together the system. The WVO works fine, and I'm almost done rebuilding the rest of the damn truck (new brakes, cylinders, ball joints, axle seals, brake lines, lift pump, gaskets almost everywhere, air filter, etc.) that needed it, so it's solid mechanically. It just needs to not be mine anymore ;)

-N

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ben is interested. I sent him out to find you this morning. He has been thinking about a two tank system for his SDL for a while now.

basilbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left him a message on the number you sent me - you think he wants the truck or just the WVO system?