Seating for 7?

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant think of any newer small diesels here in the states that seat 7....to be honest, as far as the benz, fortunatly the older ones rarely break (my last one rrequired a new radiator at 250k miles; everything else was standard maintenance)...it is one of the few cars that the age would not scare me on.

Not trying to push one thing over another, there are just such few diesel options here in the states as far as cars to begin with, much less ones that will seat 7...if you were willing to go grey market you might be able to find something but then your costs will go way up, and depending on the part could take a month to get (I made this mistake with a bmw once, will never buy a car model that was not imported to the us again)

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE;Sweet I really want my next truck to be a medium duty like that, but had never seen anything with 6 doors. I was thinkin International crew cab with a sleeper wasthe best I was gonna get.

Anyway, being more realistic, I like the van, but they are hard to find. I know I can build one if need be. How does that van ride being a 4x4? I like them but think it would be very topheavy:dunno

they are about as rare as hens teeth, but occasionally 6 door Centurion dually's show up on Ebay.

the last one I paid attention too was a 97 OBS PSD in a burgundy color, seating for 9, 17 mpg empty with A/C on, 11 towing their ginormous 5er.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are about as rare as hens teeth, but occasionally 6 door Centurion dually's show up on Ebay.

the last one I paid attention too was a 97 OBS PSD in a burgundy color, seating for 9, 17 mpg empty with A/C on, 11 towing their ginormous 5er.
check out this one. 4dr ext cab centurion.

Attachments

• SL375318.JPG
    SL375318.JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 7
  • SL375323.JPG
    SL375323.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 10

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say that particular excab c.c. sold out of san fran last year for 2500 or so.. am I right?

Had a problem with its ZF.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Just stretch the truck that you have, there's 2 of them runnin round here, one is a 4 door extended cab Power stroke 4x4 F350, the other, Saber Tooth, is a 6 door F350 4x4, 7.3 IDI turbo... bolth are 9th gen black Fords, I want saber tooth, but he won't sell.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to say that particular excab c.c. sold out of san fran last year for 2500 or so.. am I right?

Had a problem with its ZF.
that's the very one.
it wound up getting towed down to my shop where the ZF was completely rebuilt and the truck was cleaned up for transit to Ontario Canada.
"Bushpig7" is now the proud owner of the truck. Unfortunately he went stealth on us for some time.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
A few months back there was a 95 F450, 4x4 Crew Cab, Extended cab, Duallly Diesel on e-bay. 10 lug wheels, 4wheel disk brakes, hydroboost, Centurion Conversion. Talk about the ultimate Pickup! had about 120K miles and sold for around 11K. not a bad deal.

Diezel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DragRag
I think the literature on those advertised it as a staben cabin.

Thats about the funniest way i heard that put...My friends call my truck the Red Neck Limo.. Anyway this is my firsy post on the site.. bout the only 7 passenger diesel cars i know of are the benz wagons. 4 door dsl broncos are nice if you can find one..only other option would be to buy a dsl surburban..Ive had 2 6.2 dsl suburbans and they both got in the mid 20's for mileage..both had 700r4's and 3.26 gears. i miss my 1000 mile fill ups..even the 6.5's are very reliable and seem to last for many miles.

terry

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score