Saggy Springs.....

glduke

Reaction score
I have an 85' 250 6.9 4x4 and i just replaced the front leaf springs with the recommended springs from SD springs. My old springs had alot of sag or so I thought... put the new springs on and after a ride to town and back I found that they were in about the same place as the old ones, roughly 1/2 inch from the bump stop to the axle. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?? I would greatly appreciate some ideas or solutions thanks

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thought is it sounds about like my springs. I read all kinds of stuff on the interwebs about failing front springs on these trucks, but everything I see is about 1 inch above the bump stop. Did you replace the shackle bushings?

wh1056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the shackle bushings.
I have no idea how many miles were on these urethane bushings from my truck, but they were shot.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hard to believe, but the new bushings raised the front over 1"!

glduke

Reaction score
the kit i bought came with everything, bushings, bolts and the dog bone in the front for both sides

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you do know they are negative arch springs? They will arch up normally. Don't know about the bumpstop distance though. If your tire wear is good you better leave it alone. Any ride height change messes with the alignment of the frontend. If you lift it up any you can start wearing the outside edge of the front tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online