Rough idle

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles? If you have never shimmed your injectors and you have significant mileage, you could think about it, or at least check a couple of them with a feeler gage. I only had 105K on mine and every one of them needed to be shimmed. My truck started hard and idled poorly until it warmed up. Shimming the injectors is a little time consuming, but it's actually not very expensive for the shim kit.

Adrenaline73

Reaction score
How many miles? If you have never shimmed your injectors and you have significant mileage, you could think about it, or at least check a couple of them with a feeler gage. I only had 105K on mine and every one of them needed to be shimmed. My truck started hard and idled poorly until it warmed up. Shimming the injectors is a little time consuming, but it's actually not very expensive for the shim kit.

It’s got 270xxx on it right now the idle feels like it getting better it’s almost like it’s kinda surging now still has the long crank before it fires.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel pressure at idle is 60 psi and no on fuel regulator and never cleaned the screen checked the injectors everyone has good oil coming out and when disconnected they 1 didn’t change the idle so we replaced it and it doesn’t have the miss but still idles ruff and still has the long start

Clean the screen on the side of the fuel bowl

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online