RockAuto V-Belt Closeouts

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing a little PM on the Centurion extra-cab and noticed the belts were flopping more than I expected, even after tightening them a bit. RockAuto has some pretty good deals right now on Gates, Dayco and Continental v-belts. I bought two sets of four belts (power steering, vacuum pump, alternator and a/c) for $71 with priority shipping. If you are willing to go to the economy belts, you could save even more, but I wanted to stay with the brands I know/trust, and by the way: made in the USA.

For $35, it's pretty cheap to put brand new belts on your old rig right now. I was going to keep the old ones as spares, but it was cheap enough to keep a brand new set behind the seat.

Just passing this on for anybody who's thinking about a spring tune up on their v-belt IDI.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I put closeout belts on my RV in late 2019, including a heavy duty one for the Alternator, and they seem fine. AC and PS got "standard" ones put on, because they're further out than alternator (less work). I got an "economy" spare for the vac pump.

Heavy duty ALT belt:
You must be registered for see images attach

1x Economy vac pump / 2x standard ones for AC and 1x standard for PS+1x spare for Alt or PS, because they use the same belt number 9580 and money was tight so I just got one new spare between the two. Might be adding another belt was gonna drive up shipping or they just lacked anymore closeouts in that size.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The economy ones dont last with a high amp alt.
I have a bunch of Big A sleeved belts from RockAuto, all gates HD.
Order of preference,
gates
goodyear
dayco
continental

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The economy ones dont last with a high amp alt.
I have a bunch of Big A sleeved belts from RockAuto, all gates HD.
Order of preference,
gates
goodyear
dayco
continental

Well the economy vac pump on I got was $1 and didn't add to the shipping cost, so I figured why not. That's the easiest belt to change and an economy belt is better than nothing if you're miles from a parts store.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the economy vac pump on I got was $1 and didn't add to the shipping cost, so I figured why not. That's the easiest belt to change and an economy belt is better than nothing if you're miles from a parts store.
I always end up carrying old ones as spares, I'd say economy is better than that likely.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I always end up carrying old ones as spares, I'd say economy is better than that likely.

Not the old ones it had. The ones on the engine were probably 20-30 years old. It had even older spares that came with it that were cracked to hell. I had to use one of the rotten old spares after it lost the alternator belt and it got me by a small amount of miles but that was a desperate situation. I threw them away after I got the new replacements and new spares.

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just flipped the Hood open and cranked the engine around to see the part# I have.

Vacuum Pump
Gates 7320 XL 10A0815

Alternator
Gates 9570 XL 13A1450

Power Steering
Gates 9600 XL 13A1525

These are the Gates Green Stripe.

My AC isn`t hooked up, so no belt on compressor.
I guess they have been on the engine about 7 years.

Goat

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said alt not vac pump, hell it will run on a couple rubber bands.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online