Rob is East Bound and Down,...

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
:UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Rob. He's west of Denver. So far so good. He slept in the truck last night, says he gonna get a hotel tonight. The N/A isn't too happy about the mountain driving. He's keeping the EGT's under 1000 degs(playing it safe) and has to slow to 45 mph on the long grades, but has the cruise set at 70 for the flats. The rear bumper has a spare tire mounted on it(Mike the PO makes the rear bumper and tire mount). also the spare under the rear of the truck. He's planning on taking rt 76 to 80 and run the northern route. Hoping to make Des Moines, Iowa tomorrow night. He's tired, bored, but happy. ;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Rob. He's west of Denver. So far so good. He slept in the truck last night, says he gonna get a hotel tonight. The N/A isn't too happy about the mountain driving. He's keeping the EGT's under 1000 degs(playing it safe) and has to slow to 45 mph on the long grades, but has the cruise set at 70 for the flats. The rear bumper has a spare tire mounted on it(Mike the PO makes the rear bumper and tire mount). also the spare under the rear of the truck. He's planning on taking rt 76 to 80 and run the northern route. Hoping to make Des Moines, Iowa tomorrow night. He's tired, bored, but happy. ;Sweet

:thumbsup:

Gruss, Darrin

I'll be in Wainwright, Alberta delivering a trailer tomorrow. let him know it ain't very much out of route for me to swing down to I 80 and scoop him up on my way back to Indianna if the need arises. He should have my number.

Mike

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob is doing this trip all alone, right? I can see it getting boring after a while... but hey, he's seeing some great scenery and also places some of us will probably never see, methinks this makes boredom all worthy!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
bored maybe the wrong word, more like lonely. Darrin sorry if I stole your thunder.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
At least it's pretty much all down hill (very very gradually :D from there to the Iowa/Illinois state line ;Sweet Will be a little easier running.

crossent

Reaction score
Hey Mike, I must say that you have been very impressive through this process, getting the truck ready for the trip, changing the fluids etc, And now even seeing the pic that you have plastic wraped the palet of parts for the trip. It instilles a lot of confidence in the truck, as well as in you.

Being in the car buisness I have been on both ends of this transaction, and it can be pretty rare that it goes this well.

I am shure that you know by now that there probablly isn't a better home for that truck than Rob's. It is going into good hands!

Congrats!

Darrin, thanks for the kind words. I couldn't ask for a better new owner for my truck.
Mike

crossent

Reaction score
Wait, this truck has the spare wheel mounted on the tailgate? That's something I've always wanted to do on my old Chevy, then never cared about it with the 4x4 but now I kinda like to have one on this truck - how is the wheel mounted, does it use a Bronco carrier, or something else? Pics would be real nice, Mike, if you have some..

Check out my website. Everything is based off the bumper. Here are a few pics. The one on the bottom is a prototype super duty/excursion being tested at the baja 1000 last year. It should be out in about a month.
Mike
You must be registered for see images attach

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my website. Everything is based off the bumper. Here are a few pics. The one on the bottom is a prototype super duty/excursion being tested at the baja 1000 last year. It should be out in about a month.
Mike
Ah, cool, so that's fairly similar to what I made for my Lincoln, only mine attaches to the frame and swings down. Also when I saw "crossent" I thought about Cross Enterprises (familiar from FSB), but didn't even look at your sig - yeps, I know :idiot:

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Keep on truckin'!!!!!! I'll be rollin' down the highway myself later.... headin' home from lexington, make a quick pitstop in Nashville -cuss to drop someone off and off I go...... :D

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Hats off to Mike on this deal. I wish there were more sellers like you in the world. That's what makes buying vehicles so fun though. Not knowing whether the seller is going to be a true Grade A person like yourself, or some turncoat thief who you later find out keeps selling the same 3 or 4 cars over again. ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It will be me for sure... then I'm pretty sure that we might be able to talk Barney (Flatlander) into it (seeing as how he lives about 3 miles from me). I would say that we would probably meet up around the toll road I suspect (Angola, Indiana) since Rob won't want to get too far off the major highway (side tracked).

I'd say Bennigans (where we had the Midwestern Oilburner Holiday party this past Jan) would probably be the best place....

I'm sure Darrin will know more as time progresses if this place would work for Rob.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online