Road Trip to Dallas/Garland, Tx Yesterday

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I was very apprehensive about making the trip with "The Ugly Truckling", but she performed like a champ. I'm VERY pleaseantly surprised. Did 65-70 @ 2400 rpm the whole way and actually accellerated up the small hills with none of that TC unlocking or downshifting to 3rd crap :D . Only 4 psi of boost up the hills and a steady 2-3 on flats @70mph. Even hit 75 a few times :D . She is very happy. "Management", kid and I went down to scarf some parts from Bobby Blankenship from his "Grey Ghost" that he's been parting out. He and his wife and 3 young girls, his dad and brother are just GREAT people. They all made us feel like we'd know each other for years. I wish they lived closer, we could be great friends. Well, I scarfed up a pair of rear doors with tinted glass, a steering box, rear AND front sway bars, a A/C condensor and brackets. I'm too embarrassed to tell ya'll how little I paid him for all this, but I'm a friggin' thief ;Sweet . The diesel fuel and meals cost me more than I paid him, but the trip was definately worth it. We're gonna be eatin' a LOT of macaroni and cheese this month :puke: . Thank you VERY much Bobby. cookoo OkieGringo

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Hey Okie,
Where did you get the 4" idler pulley from? I'm assuming it's from a junkyard. What appication? I would like to do that to mine to keep the belt from flapping around.
Thanks,
John

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Autozone. Go to TDS and look up the photos in dlblack gallery. He has a photo of the box the pulley came in with the part #.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Thanks Okie,
I found it, printed it, and now I have to stop by Autozone and buy it. Thanks again.
John