Black Diesel On The Road!

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I myself run WMO / WVO and much more been doing so for years and years and a ton of miles and found ways around the issues including return fuel line plumbed into the suction line from tank to help heat things with waste engine heat and I run the injection pump return thru the trans cooler section of rad back into that same loop setup.

SultanofNACL

Reaction score
I need to just finally take a picture of the equipment . . . but anyway, I bought an Arctic Fox coolant-heated fuel pick up. I was planning on welding up an increased capacity front tank for the truck so I could run the viscous alt fuels without thinning nearly as much but have gotten to thinking maybe I should just weld up an aux tank for the bed.

Platypuss, how much can ambient air temps effect the WMO you will run in your system? I would believe it isn't such a problem to the point that heated fuel pick ups are needed.

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to just finally take a picture of the equipment . . . but anyway, I bought an Arctic Fox coolant-heated fuel pick up. I was planning on welding up an increased capacity front tank for the truck so I could run the viscous alt fuels without thinning nearly as much but have gotten to thinking maybe I should just weld up an aux tank for the bed.

Platypuss, how much can ambient air temps effect the WMO you will run in your system? I would believe it isn't such a problem to the point that heated fuel pick ups are needed.
I use my trans cooler on my return from injection pump then plumb it directly into the feed line from tank and i use a 90 gallon in bed tank with a screened sediment filter setup then dual cheap electric fuel pumps in parallel using 1/2 fuel line all the way from tank to sediment then to pumps then to main filters then to injection pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck

Staff online

Members online