Return kits

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am running low.
Need to order inside 2 weeks

For a new years kickoff special for anyone that wants spares let me know now with a serious commitment or prepay if I dont know you well
I forgot to mention about 5 or 6 will fit in a flate rate small so shipping will be on one only, sorry spaced that important detail.

they have been 39 shipped with olives
I will run these at 35
I just want to do a large order at once
Oh and olives too if needed 4.00 pack of 10

Last edited:

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
not that these kits need it, but as a testament these kits are head and shoulders above ebay kits

i used an ebay kit after my rebuild and it lasted for a little while, but the hoses never fit nicely, the clamps were a little wonky, and there was all kinds of flashing on the barbs and inside the caps

what a waste, should have used the typ4 kit from the start. nice snug fit to the hose, same with the caps.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
not that these kits need it, but as a testament these kits are head and shoulders above ebay kits

i used an ebay kit after my rebuild and it lasted for a little while, but the hoses never fit nicely, the clamps were a little wonky, and there was all kinds of flashing on the barbs and inside the caps

what a waste, should have used the typ4 kit from the start. nice snug fit to the hose, same with the caps.

Isn't that the truth. I too did an ebay buy once and it leaked in just a few months from installation. So I bought several sets from Russ and have never looked back. His stuff is superiour and thats all there is to it. No matter what kit I have I use an exacto knife to clean off the area where the o-ring slides past. Even though it has a champher on the plastic cap I clean off that area because thats where the mold splits during manufacture of the cap. Also always check the hose barbs for a drilled hole in them. I personally have never seen one that not drilled for fuel to flow thru but it has come up a few times here lately. I'll bet those failed caps were ebay buys too...:sly

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I know this is going to sounds weird....but, do you sell the return kits minus the o-rings? I've got 100 of your Viton orings as it is...enough for a lifetime. LOL

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed several Dipaco kits. The old and the newer style. I don't know the part numbers off hand, but they came in a sealed plastic sack with caps, hose, o-rings, clamps, coppers, and new o-rings for pump install. These might be dumb questions that have probably been answered before, but I need to ask.

Are these Viton o-rings different than the ones in the kit?

I am familiar with these engines, but what part are you calling the olives?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The viton o-rings that Russ sells are far supirour to what comes in any kit out there. As for the olives.. Those are in the lines to and from the fuel filter. The line from the lift pump to the filter head has one 3/8 inch tubing olive in it. The line from the filter to the injection pump has two olives in it and they are 5/16 tubing. One in each end. And finally the return line brass fitting way back at number 7 cylinder intake manifold passage has a 3/8 olive in it. Most members have no idea that olive igsists.... Sometimes these olives are tuffer than daddys shoes to get out of the brass nuts. A dental pick works very well. Soaking them in brake fluid will soften them overnite too..

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh. Now I know what the olives are. I never heard them called that before. Thanks for clearing that up?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
War wagon, I have used several of those Dipaco kits you speak of. I have one more set left until I will purchase them from typ4. I have run 100%bio with some of them with no issues. didn't have issues installing them either. Knock on wood, now I bet this last kit will be a nightmare:rotflmao

DragRag

Reaction score
Are the kits still $25 unshipped or less, no olive? $39 shipped seems like a lot. A very short while ago the kits could be had for like $23 or so. I think I bought four from you in San Jose last time you were down. If they are $39, I think I will have to buy the evil bay kits from now on. I am just surprised at how much these are now. My brother has been using the eBay kits for some time now without problems at all. With the size of my fleet, I have to start buying the eBay kits from now I guess? I'd rather buy yours if the price was better when, I'm ready for another half dozen or so.

Last edited:

gandalf

Reaction score
... but what part are you calling the olives?

That's a good explanation, Gary. It seems to have done the trick. However, I have a visual to add.

This picture shows an olive, plus part of the hard line between the fuel filter and the IP. Remember, there are two olives on that line, one at either end. The arrow points to a new olive, not yet installed. You can also see an old olive still on the hard line. That one is pretty well worn.

Attachments

• DSCF7922.JPG
    DSCF7922.JPG
    811.7 KB · Views: 59

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is going to sounds weird....but, do you sell the return kits minus the o-rings? I've got 100 of your Viton orings as it is...enough for a lifetime. LOL

no orings for you then. I dont charge for them so all you get is a nice guy credit.:D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've installed several Dipaco kits. The old and the newer style. I don't know the part numbers off hand, but they came in a sealed plastic sack with caps, hose, o-rings, clamps, coppers, and new o-rings for pump install. These might be dumb questions that have probably been answered before, but I need to ask.

Are these Viton o-rings different than the ones in the kit?

I am familiar with these engines, but what part are you calling the olives?

the kits do not come with viton they are buna n

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828