Return cap dimentions

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the exact dimensions for the return caps on the idi a blueprint would be best. I'm in school to be a machinest and there's a 4 axis cnc so I'm going to be making them out of aluminum and if the demand is high enough I might even try to sell a few sets.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
In my experience, original factory plastic ones last 35+ years just fine. I reused many on my RV in 2019 along with a few from my F250. On the F250, I put new caps in 2017 and kept the old as spares. Dunno if the F250's old were originals or not but I'm guessing not? The RV's caps were a bit discolored since they look to be originally grey, not black. So, it would be a purely cosmetic thing to have aluminum ones.

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iv gone through 2 sets in about 1.5 years so I have not had very good luck with them. Plus it'll be a fun project anyways.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a guy some time back making them from aluminum. The a couple guy making them out of brass.
Here is a thread from last year.

the thread sort of died off as well as the excitement, people don`t want to spend what it costs to produce them in time, materials and labor.

I don`t know the dimensions of the caps.
It would be a good learning curve for you though in school.

Goat

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the exact dimensions for the return caps on the idi a blueprint would be best. I'm in school to be a machinest and there's a 4 axis cnc so I'm going to be making them out of aluminum and if the demand is high enough I might even try to sell a few sets.
I don’t have dimensions, but the Delphi kit I got last year had an extra one in it. If you want it I can send it to you and you could reverse engineer it. I only have the straight one, didn’t get any extra corner ones.

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's alright I have have some old ones I'll just make the id smaller until it seals good. I was just hoping someone had the factory dimensions as the plastic ones tend to expand and warp over time.