reprogrammed ECM

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Joey,
Have you got your computer yet? If you have, how does it work for ya? It is advertised to have beter power throughout the entire RPM spectrum, just wondered if it realy does.
Justin

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get it I will let you know. Keeps getting delayed a bit. Bill is just to dam nice to talk and deal with to get mad

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am at the end of the line. I talked to him a few times and it keeps getting delayed.
Will call him Monday and if it's not shipped I will cancel the order. I don't see why the delay as he is getting then from someone else and I talked to the guy and he says he has plenty of core computers and I could have it in 3 days if I ordered from him. I will have one by the end of next week from someone.

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's a kit I bought. It's a Powershot 2k. It ran about 4-500 I can't remember exact $$.
Milage gains? Never checked. I don't beat on my truck much and to be honest I ran maybe 2 full BBQ tanks through it sisnce I bought it 2 years ago. I removed it recently due to using the bed of my truck more and it was in the way. If your interested I will make you a deal on it. I have the switches cut into a trim piece on the dash that I would send you with it. Let me know

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob, I can't tell if you were asking if I made the kit or did the install. I installed it as it's very easy but bought it as I already mentioned above.

robert wyrick

Reaction score
No I was wondering if you installed it on your truck yourself. I have thought about getting a kit to put on mine not for power increase but for milage gains but only only if the milage justified the cost of the LP. How much are you wanting for it.

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey, any luck yet with that ECM? I am also wanting a Heath ECM, it sounds like a better one than the competitions. I dealt with Bill when I bought my Turbo Master, seemed great to me. If I can save up the money I'll do it, but I'm a little disturbed to hear your problem with getting one. Bummer. Hey, if you don't sell that propane kit let me know, I might be interested. I'll wait my turn, though, don't want to step on any toes.

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey, I just went and checked out Heaths website again, and I see that the price is now different. A little cheaper on the front end, but the core charge is outrageous! It also reads a little differently now, in regard to hp numbers which are lower, and now they say it is for stock vacuum controlled wastegate systems, which it didnt used to say. Bill even told me the ECM was better with the Turbo Master. Now it says they are working on an ECM to go with the Turbo Master. What the heck is going on? I don't want to buy th ECM if there is one coming out that is better for use with my T-M. Of course, at over $900 to get in the game, I dont know when I'm going to be able to afford one. The pickup is no longer my primary toy anymore, I am now restoring a 66 Impala that is very needy and not cheap. Anyway, let us know whats going on with your ECM, I for one am real interested.
Dan

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read up on Bills site and the price is way up. I am going to assume I am paying the old price as thats what I was quoted. Check your PM's

John Kennedy

Reaction score
Been working with the OBD2 reflash as well. Still ironing out the details and unique features of the program. I sold my '96 but the new owner is still available to test etc...

robert wyrick

Reaction score
Hey john I never got a chance to thank you for the gauge cluster I ordered. They work great when I get some money rounded up that I can blow I want to get up with you on a new exhaust system and maybe a boost controller :thanks:

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by John Kennedy
Been working with the OBD2 reflash as well. Still ironing out the details and unique features of the program. I sold my '96 but the new owner is still available to test etc...

What will be different about yours? I know in the past you mentioned that the Z industries one or BD or who ever is labeling it was a minimal gain over stock HD programing. It seems that only 2 guys do the tuning and everyone resells it. Is this the case with yours?

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, I have the ECM in and running. 1st thing is it's no neck snapper. I thought the power would be better. It does give added power but not like I expected. I need intercooling at this point as I think intake temps climb quicker now resulting in not much gain. Maybe we can compare trucks someday to see whats what. I am heading to the dyno on the 12th of June and I will see what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7