Removing Ats turbo from 6.9

Black dawg

Reaction score
does the up pipe pedestal bolt to the back of the head (must be an 085 kit). If you get those bolts out of the back of the head, it will come out whole, but it is pretty tough. If this is an 85 kit, dont feel bad, it is the most difficult to deal with by far.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Yes it does it's a plate with it looks like 4 bolts looks like a ***** to get to tho.

Jeez what's the chance that the first turbo I pull is the hardest one. -cuss

Black dawg

Reaction score
That cast section of down pipe is a slip fit into the turbine housing, can you get that to move at all? Usually takes lots of heat.

If you cant get the down pipe out of the turbine housing, get those bolts out of the back of the head, and it will come out whole. Those bolts do suck.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it does it's a plate with it looks like 4 bolts looks like a ***** to get to tho.

Jeez what's the chance that the first turbo I pull is the hardest one. -cuss

sarcasticly thinks you should reconsider de-turboing your rig :D
sorry man i had to

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
That cast section of down pipe is a slip fit into the turbine housing, can you get that to move at all? Usually takes lots of heat.

If you cant get the down pipe out of the turbine housing, get those bolts out of the back of the head, and it will come out whole. Those bolts do suck.
Naw man the down pipe is way to stuck. I'm going at the at the bolts

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
FYI
This message is hidden because jay22day is on your ignore list.

dont even respond to my posts.
i have no time for immature little kids.
Or Trolls. :moon:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds more like you'll never have a turbo OFF of your truck LOL

----i cant imagine why.....

seems like i suggested before:

~~you really wont drive down to the hardware store and get the tool you need?seriously? seems the bolts are probably stripped because you used what you new to be the wrong size socket on them. ~~~

---------------

these kits are all physically the same, same placement roughly the same size, same plumbing, SAME MOUNTING, one isnt any more difficult than the other, except maybe the banks because the old intake hat is a ***** to put on if its a one piece :rolleyes:

now in cutting corners (LITERALLY), when you chopped the mounting lugs, to avoid doing the job the right way, as everyone suggested, you cant reinstall the turbo even though you cent even get it off.

I really wasnt kidding or being a **** when i said take it to someone who knows what they are doing. It was honest and probably the best advise you could have taken. But thats what you get for following IDIots lead in making me out to be a bad guy and bashing me for giving you the best advise for someone in your situation with your skill set, and lack of tools.
you're on notice. why? because I'm not going to read all 7 pages to figure out who to ban. If I am forced to, I will ban.
play nice from here on out or get banned.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
To add to towcat's post. I HAVE read all 7 pages, I even gave a warning several pages back.

JUST TO BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR!!! THE NEXT SMARTASS, OFF TOPIC, OR FLAMING REMARK, THAT MEMBER WILL GET A VACATION. NO MORE WARNINGS, NO NICETIES, YOU WILL BE SHOWN THE DOOR.

WE DO NOT TOLERATE THIS TYPE OF BULLS**T ON OILBURNERS. YOU WANT TO ACT THIS WAY, GO ACT THIS WAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!! I HOPE I HAVE MADE MYSELF CLEAR!!!!

Back to regular activity!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(deletes c-4 comment and slowly walks away)

howd you do today waystro?
ive almsot got mine back together.
new injection lines are a PITA to instal! espically sober :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online