Rebuilt 6.9 sat for 10 years

Reaction score
I have taken more parts off of the engine, and taken some more pictures.

More pictures added.

Looking beneath the valley pan, you can plainly see that this engine didn't have many miles on it before it sat to waste away. Where the rust is, it is horrible, but where the rust isn't, it looks like new!

The burned ketchup looking rust is what has formed in there over the last 10 years. The paprika powder looking rust is what was collected on the valley pan and I spilled it taking it off.

P.S. TYPE4 If you want the transfer case, look at the pictures and I.D. it. If it is what you want, come and get it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
what a shame, another claimed by mother nature. i dont think you can tell much by looking at the injector besides anything obviously wrong with them if they are good. i would think you would have to pop test them to make sure.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That T-case is a 1345. I need one. If Russ doesn't want it........I'd like it if you don't mind fooling with shipping to KY.:dunno What about the T19? You're gonna take that off and keep it/sell it?

Heath

Last edited:
Reaction score
That T-case is a 1345. I need one. If Russ doesn't want it........I'd like it if you don't mind fooling with shipping to KY.:dunno What about the T19? You're gonna take that off and keep it/sell it?

Heath

I didn't really plan to crawl under there at all, but I ended up going under to disconnect exhaust from manifolds. So, TC is out, but I really think I'll leave the trans in. Is it some rare stuff you can't find in KY? I mean it would have to be a couple hundred in shipping alone?

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a spare 1356 so do whatever. The 1345 isnt rare, just old enough to not be popular in wrecking yards.

Reaction score
Well, I got the heads off. OMG they are so heavy I don't think I could ever put them on without a lifting device of some sort.

I added more pictures to the picasa LINK.

Looks to me like it got parked due to a blown head gasket? That rear cylinder is rusty but the others aren't.

You can still see the honing marks on the other cylinders.

LINK

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you get the transmission tunnel cover off easily? I'm converting to a T19 and need one. PM me. You've got a lot of parts off, you might as well take it apart and sell what you can here or on evilbay and scrap the rest and make a few more bucks that way. I can see you're going to make way more than the $100 it cost you. As for shipping heavy items, try freightquote.com I've moved some heavy stuff through them. Not real cheap but way cheaper than UPS/DHL/FedEx or even greyhound!

Reaction score
The power steering gear box off it works great. Thanks Dean.

Great! I didn't know you had it in already. Good to see you here, and;Sweet love the username. Thank YOU for hauling the it home for me with your spiffy new truck.

Diesel JD: I'll PM you. Embarrassed to say I didn't know what you wanted but I figured it out. cookoo Probably easy to remove. I was going to have the scrap guy haul it off Monday evening, I should be able to get that for you. I still want to grab the oil cooler, under hood wiring, starter, trailer hitch, exhaust, and maybe the fuel tank. I really can't think of much else to remove, but then I never thought of the metal thing you want.

I know the transmission would have some value, and it is such a shame to toss the block, I mean it has a brand new 10 year old crank:dunno I'd Imagine it would make a great RE re builder lol I just really have no way to pull it.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
It's a shame to see somebody park a nice vehicle like that and not even give two $hits about it, and let it rust out like that. He should have sold it while it was still young. Of course, i can't talk. I've let an old GMC cube van with a 6.2 sit in my yard for 10 years.....wait, 6.2's are worthless, and it was on it's 3rd motor anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online