Really high performance build almost done!! Pics too...

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have wondered about a girdle and block creat with lines for coolent to circulate

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am all for them running a stock cam first then try another grind, I bet delta would help them heavily on a discount for getting dyno sheets on the products.

Before and after would be good for sure. What cam are you talking about them discounting? The J2 cam? Cus isn't it Delta that reground their cam? Or did they also do yours?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did mine also, let me ask them about both, when the time comes, I been dealing with delta for 20 yrs, diesel power was supposed to do a before and after on the torque cam and got one gratis but didnt so Iam a little miffed about that.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That engine would be a really good test bed for testing the affects of each cam on performance. Then we can see what each does in an equal comparison...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and if the timing is right I have a buddy in SD that I need to visit.and I would love to see him and work with this caam deal with you,.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you when I get my truck out here for sure. It is still stuck in Idaho at my brothers house cus I haven't had the money to get it here because of a custody battle. But when you come down here I would also love to meet up with you and talk about it too. When do you plan on coming this way??

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to get it here pretty soon though. I would have got it earlier this month but my mom gave me her old car so I brought it back here with me first.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need to come thru portland on your way home, LOL.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have actually thought of that. I actually suggested it to my wife one time. It might take an extra day to go up that way but it would be fun. We could go up through NorCal then go up to Oregon then cut over to Southern Idaho. It actually isn't a bad idea. Lol. Plus it would be a different route for once. Haha

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. If I ever do end up going that way I will hit you up and if you ever come this way you are more than welcome to stop by too. And if you need a place to stay you are more than welcome to stay at my house also.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice build...love the girdle, would love to get one myself too...does require some subtle machine work and it should be ground flat like on a head mill etc to ensure parallel surfaces. I would also like to see what material it's made of. Caps need to be all equal height and matched too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle