Rally Roadmaster - Michael Fowler

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
not shure where it was on 65 we hit the traffic, if ya jump off there is a detour that runs along it for about 10 miles, then puts ya back on the other side of the construction.

The detour was in the middle of that mess! There were four lanes going into a single lane detour. I took the detour after about two hours of waiting, then bailed. There was also a county fair, Hart County IIRC, which was closing for the night, and it was adding to the traffic, but I'll not head back that way.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Update.

THANKS for posting about the detour on I 65. I called Gary ( EMD_Driver) and Ron ( DieselDog Catcher) to let them know--they will alert those travelling with them.
Gary can receive new postings to the forum while traveling; I don't know who else has that capability.
If any of you has more current information on the I65 mess, and has a better route, please post it. I will call and make sure they get the message.

Mel (and clan) have an ETA of 5:30-6 PM today
Gary and Russ and John Herbert are travellinbg together and have an ETA of !-2PM today
Darrin Tosh and Ron have an ETA of about 1030 this morning
Jred's ETA is 4PM

John Herbert has some electrical issues (Head Lights). I know how much you all enjoy a challenge.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I met with Gary in Oklahoma at the Checota Flying J.He should have made Memphis by last night -staying over there in a motel.He was tired but doing ok. I saw his porting job-NICE!!!! We chated a bit put Rons stuff in his truck and went our ways.My ac quit on the way home mid 90s hot 1 hour drive home. Threw a belt cheap fix.
I was impresaed with the Tech end of Garys truck.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS
The snafu on I 65 South Bound at MM 61 is no more. Ron ( Diesel Dog Catcher) just phoned that he blew thru the area w/o incident; no backup.
They must have reserved the backup for you night travellers.
Ron and Darrin should be pulling into the CG just about straight up NOON.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS
The snafu on I 65 South Bound at MM 61 is no more. Ron ( Diesel Dog Catcher) just phoned that he blew thru the area w/o incident; no backup.
They must have reserved the backup for you night travellers.
Ron and Darrin should be pulling into the CG just about straight up NOON.

That's a very good possibility as they WERE out working on the road. Must be doing night work...all I know is that I left for work at 5:30 AM yesterday morning, and even with gaining an hour...My butt was draggin when we got to BG!

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron and Darrin are here! I have already started taking pictures and will post them later. Heath and Missy did a great job picking the rally spot. will post more later

sootman73

Reaction score
michael we are leaving early tomorrow morning. hopefully around five or so. do you have my number? i wasn't sure if heath gave you the contact sheet or not. well its 419-330-9289 we are taking I-75 from toledo thru BG thru columbus and cinci to BG. and stopping in cinci to meet smokin85. i'll try to remember to post on here when we leave in the morning.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Ben,
You and the Fort Wayne group are about the only ones that I think are not already at BG. Everyone kept reporting in as they traveled, and made it w/o mishap.
I wish you the same.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
We're here. Wifi is spotty. got in about 2 pm. Right now I think the only MIA is Travis

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Travis made it in around 10:00 PM (CST). I just came back to the hotel from the Rally and I believe he was the last due in today (or so I was told). There are a ton of people there, like 24 members and all their families and everyone is settling in for the evening, sharing campfire stories, etc.

I have some pictures I'll get posted when I get home tomorrow, I seemed to have brought everything but the cable for my digital camera. I'm gonna go back over tomorrow and maybe I'll get some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online