Radio Help!

tdodd1125

Reaction score
Ok, so when I purchased my 91 XLT Lariat the PO had the radio out for some reason. Well I finally got around to installing a new one tonight. I have power, and the radio works. I have no sound coming from the speakers though. I have everything wired correctly (Orange/Green left front positive, Black/White left front negative, White/Green right front positive, Black/White right front negative). I'm assuming that the speakers are blown giving the age, and the fact that the PO was driving around with loose wires that were not capped or cut. One thing I noticed though is that there is an Orange/Black wire and a Pink/Blue wire that I did not use, and they did not show up on any searches for wiring color codes. Any thoughts?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Bro, I literally just went to Google and typed "91 f150 radio wiring."
Seriously the very first search result had the answer to both of those wires.

Is this the stock radio?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RocketScott

Reaction score
I would guess the orange/black was illumination based on my truck.

Did you check the wiring at the speakers?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you can test the speakers with a 9 volt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Better to use 1.5 v cell touching pos to pos meg to neg of a 1.5 v cell be it AAA AA C D dont matter makes cone move OUT if cone moves IN its wired incorrectly at speaker.

It makes a scritchy noise too btw.

tdodd1125

Reaction score
Better to use 1.5 v cell touching pos to pos meg to neg of a 1.5 v cell be it AAA AA C D dont matter makes cone move OUT if cone moves IN its wired incorrectly at speaker.

It makes a scritchy noise too btw.

Thanks guys, I'll try this out tomorrow. Should've looked at the search results more carefully. Just eager to get this truck right.