R and d idi performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO r and d idi PERFORMANCE is the way to go if your looking for PERFORMANCE. While Russ and mel may sell a good product, the PERFORMANCE aspect is still lacking. Sure, everyone wonders how long those pumps will last, but as of now I haven't read any problems. Please correct me if I've missed something. When/if moose ever comes out with a performance pump (a real pump, not a super moose that has never been ran) then would the mindset be the same? Wondering about longevity? Or does the man behind it automatically make the pump last? Just throwing it out there...I say go for it ,if performance is what you seek. Jm2cw

Nobody gets a pass here. When anything from anyone is newly developed/available, it has to pass the test of time/performance (the definition is different for different people).

You seem very supportive of R&D...............What's your personal experience with their parts?

You seem pretty negative about Conegstoga Diesel........What's your personal experience with Mel's work?

Heath

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed back and forth quite a bit with Justin, great customer service. You can find his dyno runs on youtube as well.

Blsford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody gets a pass here. When anything from anyone is newly developed/available, it has to pass the test of time/performance (the definition is different for different people).

You seem very supportive of R&D...............What's your personal experience with their parts?

You seem pretty negative about Conegstoga Diesel........What's your personal experience with Mel's work?

Heath

I have an intake, that's it. Not negative whatsoever, just don't feel he offers any idi higher performance parts. When ever I see these threads regarding that topic, moose stuff always seems to be number one recommended...witch I agree with, great quality stock level rebuild parts. But nowhere near performance. I just put my 2 cents in...that's it. Just be more open minded when it comes to a new business that offers better (performance) parts.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
you want to know how long a part will last when it has only been out a few months...........yet you aren't willing to buy it b/c of something that happened nearly two years ago..............hmmmmmmm

Mod's why don't we just shut this thread down right now since it is already ruined. Sorry OP.

​It is time to let the drama go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

Heath

what was your negative experience with R&D IDI PERFORMANCE?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I emailed back and forth quite a bit with Justin, great customer service. You can find his dyno runs on youtube as well.

I am sure his CS is top shelf, he's working hard to develop some quality products that enhance the very HI performance side of these engines.

Many here are quite familiar with his products and what work he's done with the IDI.

I applaud his efforts and wish him the best of success in his endeavor.

If I had a built engine that was capable of 100+ CC use of fuel I would very much consider his hybrid pump.

His cam is well done makes terrific top end power and does indeed bleed of some comp to allow for a higher boost level.

Having watched his build and the other Justin's build I tip my hat at both of them.

There is no need for this thread to turn into a R&D vs Conestoga thread. They in my NOT so humble opinion two different offerings.

Mel has developed a great product for us all that has many miles on the MOOSE / BABY product lines, and happy customers and provides a decent improvement in HP and drive-ability.

Russ has a great cam that works well for our engines for a broad torque curve and provides a decent improvement in HP and drive-ability.

Now Justin is going for the significantly higher HP/TQ levels and as these pumps are purchased longevity and consistency will show up. I don't feel it's right to complain about something that he has created without actually having run it myself, however others may disagree.

So if you are planning one hell of a build that will attain significant HP/TQ levels then I'd advise getting in close with R&D and if your looking at stock or mild improvements, then Russ, Mel, and Justin can help....

There is no reason we cannot all use any combination of these 3 peoples products in our engines/trucks and not all get along! I'm quite tired of the bantering that has gone on.

Remember guys....

What Would Jesus Do....

Lets all work to broaden the IDI knowledge base, improve economy and performance and reliability, all the while being open minded to change and new ideas!

JM2CW

Al

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
Okay so let me get this right you are fully on board with r&d because they put a youtube video showing what they might be able to do with a perfect engine?
but you have problems with mel because he tests everything on his own truck before we even get a look at it and works out the bugs at the risk of totaling one of his personal vehicles.

I dont see the logic with that.

and if you want a high performance ford they are called mustang you might have heard of them they have been around for a while.
but if you want reliable brute pulling force we have our tried and true idi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online

No members online now.