QUICK QUESTION ABOUT INJECTOR CODES.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you consider a decent pump? $500 would be at the low end of what is available out there in a rebuild. Most of our BB code injectors that we sell are popping around 2100. We see them range between 2000 and 2200 mostly.

Rob2885

Reaction score
I am completely new to these engines so I don't really know what the prices are for a good pump,that was just a guestimate.I changed out the injectors and the guy I bought the truck from had b code injectors and two e codes?I know the e codes are not for this truck so no wonder it was running rough.Man can I tell a difference in takeoff speed and power now!The truck also used to blow a little white smoke and now there is nothing!Is this normal??

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.Man can I tell a difference in takeoff speed and power now!The truck also used to blow a little white smoke and now there is nothing!Is this normal??

So, what did you do? Put the B code and two A code in to make it run like that?

Rob2885

Reaction score
Sorry yes I did I put the two A code and the rest B codes in the truck and it seems to run just fine.I know the G codes are different for sure but I am not totally convinced about the other injector codes.I mean how could they be?Correct me if im wrong but were'nt the injectors with codes A-D manufactured to go into the exact same engine?I could see if you left old ones in and replaced one or two injectors with new ones would make the engine run bad,but if you replaced all of them with new ones they should pop at the same pressure wether they are A,B,BB,C,D,mabye even E right?It just makes no sense in making so many different variations of injectors if they are going in the exact same engine with a turbo engine being the exception because that would change the ball game a little.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah well take emissions reasons into account also.
And NO, they won't all be popping at the same pressure. Especially being run of the mill assembly line injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob2885

Reaction score
Yeah I see your point what I meant was if these injectors were designed to operate in the same engine that remained essentially unchanged for many years if you mixed letter codes I don't think it would spell the death of your engine or injection pump provided that you pump is still fairly new with some miles left in it.Heck when I changed the injectors that were in it when I bought the truck there was all different kinds,standadyne,Delphi,united technologies,Caviet.they even had different letter codes aswell.You do have a good point about emission laws though.That very well could have influenced the design over the years.

Ugly Moosling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one said the engine wouldn't run, and it's no surprise it runs better then it did with worn out mixed up injectors. It's just not going to run as well as it could. You now have 6 cylinders running well with one style nozzle at a given opening pressure, and two cylinders running well with a different style nozzle at a different opening pressure. Will it harm the engine? Most likely it will not. Will you see the best mileage and performance out of the engine? Again, most likely not. You got a great deal on a set of injectors. My advice would be to save up for a matched set of injectors and replace them when you can.

Rob2885

Reaction score
Oh I will I am going to buy a set from the guys on here when extra money permits.I have heard a lot of nightmare stories about cheaper pumps so I will probably buy a pump from the guys on here aswell because they seem to take great care and pride in their work unlike places like Pensecola Diesel.For the time being until I get paid the truck does run way better,the injectors I pulled out of it were in deplorable condition.

Black dawg

Reaction score
If it runs smooth and sounds right, just run these. It doesnt take much nozzle or pressure difference (injector to injector) to make one run like crap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online