pumps

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
this is some thing that i had been thinking about last nite ive got a leed on 300 gallons of wmo in 55 gallon drums and i want to be self suffeciant in powering my pump any i was going through a bunch of parts at work and i found a good cummins n-14 oil pump if ur not familliar with that pump its external driven off the front gears and im thinking of driving that pump with a lawn mower engine and mounting it all on it of cource im going to have to raise everything up so
what do u guys think any input would be greatly apperciated thanks

sassyrel

Reaction score
Wow nice,good idea never thought about that.

One problem I'm having is I keep smoking the cables.It draws alot of amps.I'm going to make the cables as short as I can.

Stu
get the starter off on of the idi diesel--the mitsubishii geardone------driving the oil pump--wouldnt be as hard as the one your using-------

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh used her again tonight...suckin up french fries and all.I shortened my cables and all seems well.

I would like some pics/info on a vac setup if anybody has one. Guess I could pay the $30 to murphy's and get the plans.

Stu

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
hey guys what about a old wet/dry vaccum??? woudl this work right now I use a hand pump but it broke... my next ideal is a bought a 5 dollar drill pump... going to try to mak a thing for the big hole in the top of the barrel with a outside facuet on ot lay the barrel down turn the drill on and pump....

how about a heat blower motor would it have enough gut to pull???

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
well got everything built for my pump it fired up once and now i cant get it to fire again but as soon as its good to go ill post pics

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 250 gallon propane tank has 2 vacuum pumps we got from B100supply. Along with some plumbing, and wiring on the trailer it will suck 55 gallons of oil in the middle of winter in about 30 seconds. Keith

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
My first pump was a 12v bait well pump from walleyworld, still have it and will get a picture or two of it. its been in the shed for a year or two, still works! it was less than $20

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7