PSA: did you know your factory radiator is worth $70??

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
After ripping the old leaky beasty out last night, I was gonna just throw it on the curb...but I thought, maybe scrap prices are back up, might as well see. It's a good thing I did!

This won't come as a surprise to those of you that do a lot of scrapping, I'm sure. If anyone is on the fence about swapping out their radiator, maybe this will help push you over...do the math: $220 for new Champion - $70 scrap = a $150 rad...or to put it another way, your old rad is worth the cost of the coolant you'll need anyway!

This has been a Public Service Announcement, that is all.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The parts yard that opened recently here, was charging $40 with a $20 core for any radiator. I got a nice 4 row one for my truck, figuring I won't be out anything if it turns out to be leaky. They even had some big trucks on the yard - I was tempted to pull one of those radiators just to scrap. They have since updated their pricing.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was scrapping some soft drink cans and found a fine looking dodge cummins intercooler there. I got $20.00 for my cans and asked what they wanted for the aluminum intercooler.. Answered... $20.00. Damn straight I bought it.. Still have it but never gonna use it. Anybody want it.. Make me an offer by pm. We might work it out... It will not sell for 20 bucks.. Sorry dude.. That was my price but yours will still be a fair price...:D:angel: