Proud of my kids

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank God my kids hate ricers! My 18 year old has weasled his way into my old 86 and my little 9 year old came outside last night and says to me, " Dad, I'm not a fan of bricknoses but I'll be taking this one from you when I start driving!"

By the way, they both love the slantnose body style, seems to be my wifes favorite also.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Slant/bull/ **** nose, call it whatever but it is the best by far body style ever!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like the additional room under the hood of the OBS style, but if I were to have only one body style, it would be the bulls.
Glad to see your kids have been properly influenced!

I took the Moose Truck for a Sunday drive last weekend. It's what you do with a vehicle with antique tags, right? LOL Anyway, I pulled into a small public park down by the river, and some 30's something guy in a Chrysler product was ogling it and shouted over to me "Nice truck! What is that? A 77?" I told him no of course, as I walked toward the picnic table with our hot just purchased pizza, and mentioned that it was original paint. He said I had obviously worked hard to keep it looking that good, and other than driving safely and keeping it in a garage I couldn't take much credit for it. The truck has been a blessing, and I drive it like I'm in church, because that's where I get my religion.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slant/bull/ **** nose, call it whatever but it is the best by far body style ever!

They definately lost something when they came up with the 87 model year and although the interior on the brick is supposed to be the best as far as how well it holds up, it couldnt hold a candle to the design of the previous interior as far as looks go. I've always loved the dash design of earlier trucks.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you have a good reason to hold onto both trucks ;Sweet

Yeah and guess who gets to repair them? Lol

I swiped the baby moose from my 86 and installed it on my 89, now the old pump on the 86 is taking a dump. I told my son he'll have to save up his money and send the pump to Mel for a rebuild.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do like the additional room under the hood of the OBS style, but if I were to have only one body style, it would be the bulls.
Glad to see your kids have been properly influenced!

I took the Moose Truck for a Sunday drive last weekend. It's what you do with a vehicle with antique tags, right? LOL Anyway, I pulled into a small public park down by the river, and some 30's something guy in a Chrysler product was ogling it and shouted over to me "Nice truck! What is that? A 77?" I told him no of course, as I walked toward the picnic table with our hot just purchased pizza, and mentioned that it was original paint. He said I had obviously worked hard to keep it looking that good, and other than driving safely and keeping it in a garage I couldn't take much credit for it. The truck has been a blessing, and I drive it like I'm in church, because that's where I get my religion.

As ugly as the paint has gotten on my 86, I used to get a lot of compliments on it also. I've had one thumbs up on the 89 but otherwise it doesnt get too much attention. There are still quite a few bricks here on the road and it just doesnt quite have the character of the slant/bull nose truck.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I'm with ya buddy. Sherman has said many many times that he wants the E3 when he starts driving in two years. Or if he can't have that he wants one with a Cummins swap.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My real intention originally, was to pull the motor out of the 86 and send the rest of the truck down the road. My son already has a vehicle and we really dont need another truck sitting here but I told him, he is going to have to pay for repairs and whatever else he wants to do to it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My real intention originally, was to pull the motor out of the 86 and send the rest of the truck down the road. My son already has a vehicle and we really dont need another truck sitting here but I told him, he is going to have to pay for repairs and whatever else he wants to do to it.

i'm quite sure the dismal fuel mileage of the gasser 'burb has an influence in his choice for the truck :D

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I love the slants and obs styles.not much of a brick nose fan.grew up mainly around obs's.we had 4 obs trucks which we still have and 4 slants which only one ran which is the brown idi in my pic.dad gave it to me when I was little cause it went through 2 floods and he figured I wouldn't want it by the time I could drive.any way acoupke years ago his friend had a rusted out 92 with a 7.3 so we pulled the engine for almost nothing running and had someone put it in for us but never finished it.so it sat for 2 years I finally decided to finish it.got it running in 3 days.in a week it was driveable.soon as its completely done he wants it back for a service truck lol.and my chevy burnt so now were lookin at getting me a 86 f150.not an idi like I want but atleast its a slant nose.sorry I got off topic kinda

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm quite sure the dismal fuel mileage of the gasser 'burb has an influence in his choice for the truck :D

Interesting story on the burb. The day we bought the burb, we looked at two diesel models, one was a 94 with all the upgrades, PMD relocated and cooling system upgraded. The other one was a 97 in stock form. I passed on both and they both sold that day and have never seen another diesel burb for sales since.
A couple weeks later, Dieselpower mag did a story on them and reported how rare they actually are and as much as I dont care for GM's later diesels, I wish now we would have bought one of them.

If he lets his burb hit the E, its well over 100 bucks to fill it back up but he doesnt drive it very far, so its just the 5 bucks here, 10 bucks here kinda trips to the gas station.