Project Truck - 89' F250

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, the whole dash comes out pretty easy, I took mine out to install AC then realized the interior parts were no different,lol
But the complete dash came out very easily, dont unhook too much.

Nice rebuild.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, the whole dash comes out pretty easy, I took mine out to install AC then realized the interior parts were no different,lol
But the complete dash came out very easily, dont unhook too much.

Nice rebuild.

Thank you!

I will spend some time on the dash in the next week or so and get some more foam in there. Not that it really needs it at this point! My wife actually enjoys riding in the truck now.

This is the foam stuff

https://www.mcmaster.com/5692t49

As mentioned earlier the thin soundproofing I put down on the floors is noico .80mil from Amazon ($60 buys more than you will need)

Bigred250

Reaction score
Hey Ren I've been following your build with this truck and man I'm glad you ended up buying it! It's looking great! I knew it had alot of potential I just didnt have the funds to do what was needed. Glad you're happy with it and that you figured out a way to knock the noise down lol I could never talk to people driving that truck.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ren I've been following your build with this truck and man I'm glad you ended up buying it! It's looking great! I knew it had alot of potential I just didnt have the funds to do what was needed. Glad you're happy with it and that you figured out a way to knock the noise down lol I could never talk to people driving that truck.

Thanks! For those reading, Big Red is the previous owner of the truck.

Also thanks for replacing all the glow plugs and wiring while you had it! Starts right up

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some other stuff not mentioned yet in this thread...

New steering.. all of it including a new steering box
Replaced axle pivot bushings with Moog bushings
Injectors were pensacola reman's that thewespaul pop tested and balanced for me
New 6.5" speakers in the doors
Removed and lubricated seized heater blend door control cable.
Clutch/Flywheel replaced with Luk 07225 kit

Ordered today... new tailgate assembly from LMC truck. Gonna have maaco spray it. I looked pretty hard at junkyard stuff but pretty much anything I bought would have required some body work or paint, and then you never know how much wear is on the latches etc...

Last edited:

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also not included yet on this thread, I compounded the paint by hand with turtle wax polishing compound, and I waxed it. I was sore for 2-3 days after all that compounding.

You must be registered for see images attach

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut quite a check today to have the axles completely rebuilt, resealed and regeared from 4.10 to 3.55. Both were leaking and my front axle U-joints were shot.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut quite a check today to have the axles completely rebuilt, resealed and regeared from 4.10 to 3.55. Both were leaking and my front axle U-joints were shot.

Awesome, I did that on my XJ about ten years ago. Did ARB lockers as well as built a nIC OBA system. It still hurts, but it was sure worth it!

Last edited:

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I did that on my XJ about ten years ago. Did ARB locker as well. It still hurts, but it was sure worth it!

I looked hard at used axles etc... but it was worth it just to cut the check. Just Under 3k for everything, including ball joints, alignment, new warn front hubs, yukon gears, new yoke and inner shafts (mine were grooved from seals). Yukon master install kits with all bearings and seals.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s sweet, how do you like the 3.55s now that you’ve had both on the truck? Did you get that pyro going?

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll find out later this week. The 4.10's were unbearable on the highway. I should be able to cruise at 70mph at 2100 rpm with 3.55's

My egt probe was bad so I got another one ready to install. I'm actually planning to pull the turbo out, get the typ4 compressor mod, and replace the oil drain grommet etc... at the same time

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way anyone know what I need to do in order to get my speedo correct again. On jeeps this is usually replacing a gear in the tcase that the speedo cable goes to.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speedo gear in the tcase on these as well, there’s an assortment you can buy for pretty cheap on eBay, I’ll see if I can find it. Someone else may already have the link

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online