Project Truck - 89' F250

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one is going on the back burner for a little bit :( Got a new project....Buying my Father In Law's LBZ crew cab duramax. Interior is pretty rough, the exterior is beat up in a few places, but it is rust free and no major mechanical issues, and the price is right.

I'm probably going to park the IDI for a bit, I will come back to it once I get the duramax the way I want it. I'm like 85% done with what amounts to a complete rebuild of it... Still on the list for the IDI are cab mounts, pull the bed and blast/paint the frame... and that's pretty much it. Fortunately my uncle has a big shop outside of town where I can park it inside for free, so it won't deteriorate.

On the Duramax I plan to pull the entire interior out and recover the seats/replace the carpet, replace a door panel or two, fix all the little odds and ends, change all fluids, then hand it off to a body shop to get a massive dent in the bed side pulled out and that panel panted, and probably throw some new tires on it and an intake/exhaust/tune

Last edited:

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I know. It makes sense for me though, I have a 5 month old son now and I really need a crew cab.

The good news is that I have done quite a bit of soul searching and I can't give the IDI up, put 600 miles on it in the last four days, it sings like a bird. Also, my son loves the IDI. Whenever he's in a bad mood I can take him out in the garage and let him stand up on the seat and grab the steering wheel, always puts a smile on his face.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cute little guy. My youngest is 4 now but I remember those days, if letting him stand on the front seat wasn't enough, I'd strap him in his carrier and head down the street, usually only took 10-15min and he'd be out. I completely understand your dilemma on the IDI, it's exactly what I had to do when our second one was born. I couldn't fit two car seats in the back of my extended cab so I looked for several months before I found my '97 CCSB. If I could have gotten it in an IDI I would have but I wanted to still be able to park it in my garage so I couldn't go F350. But my IDI ended up getting a better life with my dad thanks to a nearly complete restoration on it, including lots of engine work by Wes so it's really a joy to drive. Good luck with the LBZ, I don't think we have a forum for it here though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin