Project possibly

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So, this is a truck on my grandparents property. I have no idea how long its been there, but ever since I have seen it I've always thought one thing....I should IDI it!

It has been repowered with a Diamler Chrysler Nissan diesel. It is only 3 cylinders, try to figure that one out. In one of the pics you can see the 3 injector lines going into the head. It isnt the SD-33, if I remember right it was like the SD-44 or something. I have found absolutly nothing on it at all. Its probably some industrial thing. Its rated at like 100hp. The motor is siezed up, I was told it was dusted after a rebuild or something like that.

Its a 3/4 or 1 ton, I forget. Its registration is long over, but it says diesel under the fuel part of it, so if I did get it running that might make it a little easier. Plus its an automatic, but in the cab there is a big ole gear shift, maybe an overdrive I could use in my truck :D.

Best part is is the truck is free, all I have to do is go and pick it up anytime I want.

You must be registered for see images attach

Or how about an IDI into this thing ;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a really old F250 or 350, probably has a C6 in it. If you want to, could be a neat project, people love those 70s F-series trucks and man are they built tough. I cant imagine how bad that thing must have sucked with a 3 cyl. diesel in it, when it should have had a 3208 CAT an IDI, a Cummins, or the gas engines of the day 390 or 460/ 427

FordGuy100

Reaction score
That looks like a really old F250 or 350, probably has a C6 in it. If you want to, could be a neat project, people love those 70s F-series trucks and man are they built tough. I cant imagine how bad that thing must have sucked with a 3 cyl. diesel in it, when it should have had a 3208 CAT an IDI, a Cummins, or the gas engines of the day 390 or 460/ 427

Well it was a gasser stock, thats for sure. This thing was shoe horned into its position, I dont know why, and yes I bet that it was crazy slow.

I honestly dont think it would be to hard of a project. I think I might just have to do it ;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Oh, and I'm pretty sure it is a 1972 model year if I remember off the registration right. It would take a lot of work, but its doable ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Forget about it, just send it My way and I will restore it for a better use :D

That looks sweet do it ;Sweet

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like 110 hp on that tag, Chrysler-Nissan means it's a marine engine. A quick search online turns up that they only built 3-4 series of 3 cyl Nissan diesels, and that definatley doesn't look like a SD series engine, and the HP ratings don't fit either.
I think that's a UD3 2 stroke engine, it sure has the look of something designed in the 50's, and the HP rating is right. I just can't find a picture online to confirm it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Looks like 110 hp on that tag, Chrysler-Nissan means it's a marine engine. A quick search online turns up that they only built 3-4 series of 3 cyl Nissan diesels, and that definatley doesn't look like a SD series engine, and the HP ratings don't fit either.
I think that's a UD3 2 stroke engine, it sure has the look of something designed in the 50's, and the HP rating is right. I just can't find a picture online to confirm it.

;Sweet. Thanks for the info man, you found out way more than I did LOL. Yeah, its probably a 2 stroke, has that look to it. It looks like a big boat anchor to me, way to underpowered in my opinion. I must say though, it has a big turbo on it for being a 3cylinder, its bigger than my turbo on my truck.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't judge it too much before you get it running, 110 hp stock is the same range as a 3-53T Detroit, and a 3.9 Cummins. Did a bit more digging and found the HP peak is @ 2200, TQ is 330 @ 1400. Hardly a boat anchor.
Judging by the pre turbo pyro, and full compliment of guages, I'd wager a bet that it ain't stock. Would definitley be interesting to make that puppy run.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I wouldn't judge it too much before you get it running, 110 hp stock is the same range as a 3-53T Detroit, and a 3.9 Cummins. Did a bit more digging and found the HP peak is @ 2200, TQ is 330 @ 1400. Hardly a boat anchor.
Judging by the pre turbo pyro, and full compliment of guages, I'd wager a bet that it ain't stock. Would definitley be interesting to make that puppy run.

Can you post up some links to this site?

Looks like a little torque monster, have you seen what displacment is? I bet an overhaul kit would be hard to come by.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might have been a more useful powerplant than I think. It would be an excellent diesel for an F100 or F150. I just am stuck with the idea of no displacement for displacement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7