Project Mosquito Control...

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it! I want to do this swap one day down the road when I get a nice garage. I will be checking back everyday for more pictures and text!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the DT466 have hydraulic valve lifters, or are you going to have to be going in there and adjusting valves from time to time?

Are you planning on welding sheet metal in to rebuild the firewall, or are you going to make a removable doghouse?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
adjustable rockers. i'll make room for the v/c to come off and a removeable doghouse. so far this is just rough mockup. still have to get the D60 up front and a better set of springs!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
better fit today with fresh eyes!

If we just taper the firewall inwards from the top i can get the v/c out UNDER THE HOOD!
You must be registered for see images

We'll graph this back in and shorten the trans cover plate:

Found a local place that can source used AG pulleys! so it'll fit the rad in there good.

much better.

only a few inches low now!

Driver side trans bracket into floor.

pass side:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Got to the garage bright and early and hung the inner fenders to get a better look at how it'll fit in there. man it gets better everyday. i can't wait to get some mounts made up, and let it hang in there to see how much it squats.

;burnout

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow this is a great build hope you can get it put together as a mock up that will look sweet and since your cuting the firewall would you still need the 7 inch body lift?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I was doing some reading and i saw some recommend a HX35 turbo. is it worth the upgrade? is there a better turbo? or maybe swap housings an wheels on the one that's on it? what kind of boost am i looking at with the factory vs. upgraded setups? again i'm looking for about 500 RWHP and RELIABILITY.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THANKS HEATH! hmmm that'll bolt up the same right? i WANT to find an OD transmission. which one is the deeper od? i have to call the heavy truck place and see what i can find.... there any way to interchange OD parts in this one? i want the trans gone through anyhow before i put it in. and swervyjoe i figure they're rated for 9,000 lbs, as long as i don't start swinging the 466 i think i'll be fine.

The CM-6253-B (0.69 OD). As long as you have an SAE #2 bellhouing on the trans, it'll bolt up to your DT. You could swap the parts from an B to the D, but the parts would be just as much as buying a used OD spicer. I've seen a pulling truck with a John Deere 466 using a Spicer CM 5 speed. He's never had any issues with it. You should be fine man.

Heath