Project Jerry

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks Jake! We are pilling parts for some more work on the truck. Only able to work on this project as money and time allows unfortunately

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time for an update, after sitting on this project through the winter we’ve decided to go with a different turbo setup, read more here:
https://www.oilburners.net/threads/s366-and-gt3788r.84768/

Since I’m now doing upgrades to the factory turbos, I’m going to take the 093 and machine it to a 67/74 (from stock 58/56) and we will see how much power can be made with that as a single turbo. Just gonna be a lot cheaper in the long run, and we’ll be able to test the limits of the stock turbo’s platform. More coming soon once I finish up some other customer projects first!

Frstdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes are you just enlarging the intake inlet and the exhaust outlet?
I would like to see some pics of that.
But then since i only have a 6.9 and not a 7.3, it may not benefit to enlarge my 1st gen Banks unit.
Interesting tho.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes are you just enlarging the intake inlet and the exhaust outlet?
I would like to see some pics of that.
But then since i only have a 6.9 and not a 7.3, it may not benefit to enlarge my 1st gen Banks unit.
Interesting tho.
I’ll be sure to post plenty of pictures, for this size wheel the compressor housing is changed to a T04S cover and backing plate, which will have a ported 4” inlet. The hotside stays the same, minus the machining for for the larger wheel. I will use the 3” outlet on the 093 elbow and port that, and may use a 3.5” vband on that.

I’ve got an older banks kit right now that I’m using to mock-up some upgrades, I’ve got some flanges being made for a bolt on 3” downpipe, but my fab guy is really behind right now so I don’t have an eta on that yet.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slowly accumulating some of the big ticket parts for this project, had the interior reupholstered with new leather, and pops replaced all the wood with some pretty mesquite.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valve covers are modded with -12 an bungs for the breather system, and high temp ceramic coated and cleared. All the 093 piping is coated with black high temp as well.

Intake manifold milled down and welded a Vband for the inlet. It will be going off to coating then Ill make a throttle cable bracket off one of the intake bolts.

And midwest trans billet short shift kit installed on our donor zf.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like the short throw shifter kit?

Its a really nice piece, installation is simple and getting the core to them to mod was straight forward. Wont really know how much it helps until the trans is in the truck but just from installing it I can tell its a lot less travel distance between gears.

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the rest of that breather set up. I have an extra set of valve covers waiting. Another great build coming along!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Project Jerry’s engine is for sale, after seeing the shop truck chuck a rod with the 130cc pump, we’ve decided to build an idit for this truck and run some more fuel. This engine is for sale as a long block, no intake, valve covers or accessories other than the new water pump and rebuilt idit oil cooler, no pump or injectors. The paint could be redone after sitting in the shop for two years and being used as a mock-up engine. There’s many pages of work that went into this engine that can be read to get a broader scope of what has all been done, but here’s the main ones.

1990 NA 7.3 IDI, 160k mile engine with an untouched bottom end, 6.9 head gaskets, 7.3 coolant mod, arp head studs, valve job, port and polish and comp cams 910-16 valve springs. Built it for mid to high 300hp reliably, it should do that well. I would like to sell it locally but willing to ship if buyer arranges shipping, asking $2500, willing to make a package deal with a CDD turbo and intercooler kit.