laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any boost numbers yet? I would like to know the results of your a/c. I still want to have mine checked from a friend of mine but just need to call him.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only seen 12 lbs of boost so far but I've been putting around like an old man. I can tell you it cleans the smoke up real fast when you get on it a little.

So update.
Got most of three cans so that's 33-34 oz.

You must be registered for see images attach

She's pittling on the floor.

Little condensation.

Vent temps according to my IR gun are sub 50.

So good news is the the AC works now. Bad news is the speedo quit. Now I have to fix that.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So last update before dawn.

Speedo cable broke. It was brand new so not sure what's up with that. Have to see if I can source one locally.

Cab stays cool at 90 degree outside temps. My blower is making noise. Almost wonder if there is crap in it. If I get a minute I'll open it up and see. Otherwise, HVAC with the superduty electric pump works great. I don't even have a vacuum can. If it's been sitting overnight, pump kicks on with the key for just a few seconds. Then it's good for quite a while it seems depending on how often you shift the controls.

It drove better steering wise but still had a good bit of slop. I tightened the box some more. It seems tighter now but I'll have to drive it. I think I'm getting to the point the rest of it is in the rag joint and shaft itself. I'll see how she drives tomorrow.

I got the trailer hitch out and assembled it. Camper was level at 23" to the top of the ball. The lowest setting was 24" to the top of the ball but she should sink enough to sit at least level. Fully loaded I'm sure I'll be able to use the bars. It seems fairly soft in the rear and honestly rides better than I thought it would on 10 ply tires with 80 psi in them. That's what they came with because that's the max on the sidewall. Probably air the rears down a bit when empty.

Tailgate shell came Friday. It's still in the box.

I made up and pulled the trailer wire harness through the truck then connectorizedz the front and tied the rest up toward the back.

Drilled and tapped the bumper center section for the trailer plug then wires the trailer plug. Attached the ground and also wired up the connector for the extra back lights. They are not functional yet but all the wires are pulled toward the front now.

Assuming it's wired correctly, tow package is complete.

Have I mentioned what a mess spraying ATF all over the wire harness makes? I may go get a can of tire foam or something to spray in there and clean things up.

So that's where I am. I think I can get a speedo cable from NAPA then it's just putting it all back together and put some more miles on it. Also need to swap out the wiper motor. Suddenly I only have high and I can't tell if it's parking. That makes things tough. Need wipers just in case.

Also need to polish up the windshield trim and get it on. 4wd lever too just in case I need lo for maneuvering.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I just remove the delay box? It just plugs in line in the harness. Have to see what I can come up with.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wiper switch is different for delay and non delay. So if you remove the delay box you will need the non-delay switch also.

Damn, It's like a fully functioning truck now! Nice :Thumbs Up

too slow.....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. I swap all mine over to delay wipers with junk yard switch and delay boxes. Just plug and play other than the ground wire for the delay box

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. Wipers down graded but now fully functional.

Speedo cable replaced.

Dash re-installed.

AC compressor belt tensioned.

Ready for another test drive.

Anybody want to take bets on what breaks next? I haven't had a fully successful trip yet. [emoji849]

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Ill put $1 on break line leaking! ;Poke

Lol. Just kidding.

Nylons on the door pins are awesome by the way