Problems finding a Lucky mod clutch set

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 12" dual mass flywheel and have gutted it in hopes of doing the lucky mod conversion on it.
I have found 12" clutch sets all over the place and even found them with spring hub centers but they dont lign up to my flywheels bolt pattern :confused:

I wonder if anyone else has run into this problem and what they did to get a clutch set for their truck.
If the parts house would sell me the disc from one set and the pressure plate from another then I would be in buisness. :backoff

If I cannot find a clutch set for my truck what should I do?
Redrilling the flywheel to the correct bolt pattern is the only other thing I can come up with. :puke: cookoo

Does anyone know where I can get the 2 seperate pieces (disc+plate) by themselves and not a complete kit?

Thanks, Eric

WILLD

Reaction score
Try any Napa or Big A or whatever type of parts stores you have that aren't Autozone/Pep-boys/Checker type. They are expensive on parts, but you can usually get just the disc. Autozone used to sell them seperately, but I don't know about now.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Eric,
When I did the conversion on the Beef I ran into the same problem. Couldn't locate just the disc. But I do believe Napa can get a replacement disc have a good contact at the local one now. cookoo
LUK has the correct kit for the conversion but I cannot find the info as to the part #'s.

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bailed out and purchased a kit with flywheel

I tried the local Napa and they brought in a set they thought would work but the set had a solid center in the clutch disc cookoo . I bet the problem was the fact of the 12" clutch disc instead of 11" unit.
I gave up and ordered a luk conversion flywheel and clutch set yesterday and according to the local o'reileys auto parts I will have it today. :backoff

They had a great deal on it. $499.99 ;Sweet I was thinking it would cost more than that or I probably would have done it in the first place.

Oh well back to the gravel driveway..... I have 4 bolts and a crossmember to pull out of the way and the E40D will be out for good.

Thanks, Eric