POWER STROKE INTER-COOLERS

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
typ4 & FordGuy100....been thinking....even if it hairlips the governor, I think I'm gonna do my best to come with the wifey. I need out'a town anyway! If the wifey don't want to come....then I need out'a town away from her anyway!!!:D
(I'm going to hell for that one sure as hell!!):rotflmao
& I do need to get my IC hooked up & working! Does no good to have it mounted for looks & not using!!!!
Well I wont modify the hood latch either, that is why I pushed the bumper forward just enough to make the 3.5" IC fit. I don't know about the grill yet, I'm thinking that it is better to keep it close to the stock look but that is bc I haven't come along a good substitute.

What about this tubing grill, do You have any pics?

Ron, ;Sweet excellent .

Thank You.
EZ=Ron...I got several of pics on my digital....still haven't learned how to download to puter & stuff yet.
(Last week when grandaughter EJ & Amanda was here I got several pics of her. Wifey & the son that knows how caught me gone....they downloaded those pics, left town & didn't show me how!! Grrrrrr....):mad:
After I posted other day I got to thinking, on my 2WD I've got a 4" body lift, 2 1/2" frame lift & this may help up front & vertical clearance.
I just went out & looked. My tube grill as well as the metal body stuff (can't remember what it's called) across front under headlites is only spaced out 1" & looks OK. Tube grill is out only about 1/2" in front of headlites & blends in OK.
My IC is little over 2" behind tube grill & little over 2"in front of the AC. Worked out great I think. I built some "brackets" & bolted to frame for the IC mounts to rest on, then used some long bolts thru tubes that I made to mount thru IC mounting tabs/ears on each side. I used rubber/grommet under & behind everything I could when mounting IC for vibration etc. It's been mounted little over 1 year & hasn't vibrated, rubbed or worked loose.
My IC I think was a '99 PS & is about 2" thick, besides the end tanks.

I also dropped & pulled my factory bumper out about 1-2"....mostly to gain space to mount stuff behind bumper....my radiator overflow tank & windshield wash tank, both wrapped & padded.

I been wanting to build myself a different bumper & grillguard more to my liking & needs....especially after this thing rolled down the drive 30'-40' couple months ago & hit that big juniper tree....played heck with my bumper!! Been trying to blame the wifey for that one, but can't yet....she wasn't round!:rotflmao :rotflmao