Plastic piece behind the grill that headlights mount to. Cowl maybe. Where to order?

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So while trying to replace the headlights I’ve discovered that the plastic piece cowl? they mount to (the large plastic assembly that spans the entire front of the truck) is all broken to bits. I don’t see it on rock auto or google. Does anyone know where to order one of these? Thanks!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dennis Carpenter ford restoration parts. If you want one that's brand new, super duper, but expensive. I've got all that stuff too, in good shape for a 80-86, not sure what year your looking for.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
So while trying to replace the headlights I’ve discovered that the plastic piece cowl? they mount to (the large plastic assembly that spans the entire front of the truck) is all broken to bits. I don’t see it on rock auto or google. Does anyone know where to order one of these? Thanks!
I looked at Bronco Graveyard. I believe that what you are referring to is called a header panel. They show OE is out of stock, but they have aftermarket ones listed for $105 (plus all of the extra BS). Part number is 34203A.

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at Bronco Graveyard. I believe that what you are referring to is called a header panel. They show OE is out of stock, but they have aftermarket ones listed for $105 (plus all of the extra BS). Part number is 34203A.
Yes, thank you. That’s the piece. And oh fantastic only $105……. I’d go to a junkyard but I can only imagine that many of these have the same problems as mine with the brittleness. I suppose I could try some fiberglass or epoxy repair but I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle and the price I’d be paying for whatever I needed anyway.

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dennis Carpenter ford restoration parts. If you want one that's brand new, super duper, but expensive. I've got all that stuff too, in good shape for a 80-86, not sure what year your looking for.
I’m in need of one for my 93’ if you have one?

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes, thank you. That’s the piece. And oh fantastic only $105……. I’d go to a junkyard but I can only imagine that many of these have the same problems as mine with the brittleness. I suppose I could try some fiberglass or epoxy repair but I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle and the price I’d be paying for whatever I needed anyway.
Exactly. Those are the same age as yours is so they probably wouldn't last much longer than yours did. I agree on the not being worth the hassle part. It may be that it would work , but the old plastic would crack again a a slightly different place shortly. I think that's a pretty good price, but I haven't looked before either.

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Those are the same age as yours is so they probably wouldn't last much longer than yours did. I agree on the not being worth the hassle part. It may be that it would work , but the old plastic would crack again a a slightly different place shortly. I think that's a pretty good price, but I haven't looked before either.
Yeah I don’t have much of a choice here I don’t think. I’d rather spend that $120 on 2-3 gallons of fuel but I suppose this is more important.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online