Piston Cooling Jet Bolts. New / Used ?

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't find any decent information on the Piston Cooling Jet Bolts other than "They are Included with New Jets" & "They are Special Patch Bolts - DO NOT Use Standard Bolts".
So how are they Special? They look to me to be a G8 bolt with the pre-applied Blue thread locker. Can I use Loc-Tite 242 thread locker and used bolts and torque to 7 ft# ?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
other than making sure they are clean, and flow good, I've reused jets and bolts in the past with good loctite.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... They can be reused but for sure use a good grade of removeable loctite.. The bolts are a special material because a soft bolt may break from motor vibration harmonics.... Not a good thing to happen...

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, key word "removable" Loc-tite. I used to use only the red high strength, but when it was tear down time I often had to break out the torch to soften that stuff. So Blue will work?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd use the red stuff. hopefully you won't have to go there again in a very long time. second it is in a high heat, high vibration and constant chemical bath area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online