Pillar Grab Handles

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm..my 91 brick came with pillar grab handles on the interior A pillar. stock... only heldin by 2 screws but were surprisingly stiff..Id like to put them back on, made climbing in a huge help.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did and don't have pictures but I robbed two handles out of a 2nd gen dodge. They were both black and match pretty well I have blue trim and my dash is all black and so is my 4 pillar pod and my 3 pillar above the mirror. Before all black additions you could hardly tell. I simply took and drilled 2 holes through the pillar on the passenger side and into the a pillar. I then used a machine screw and screwed it to the pillar. Great hold and great grab. My dad loves that one because it was the same as his dodge, My fiancé ... whole reason for the handles in the first place did not like that one and wanted one where @tbrumm put his. I did the same thing there and it works great. I also have bully steps on mine. I then added a handle on both sides of the extended cab to help passengers get in easier. They worked great but if you do it make sure you put them low enough for proper seat belt operation. Seems simple but I didn't realized it until after the fact. I later took them out because I didn't have as many passengers and seat belt function is good for the health. At least that's what she tells me!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's 5' 2" she said " where is the like button?!"

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I have maybe $15 into both and now everyone is happy and they don't look out of place. I simply drilled a hole to match the screw and used the biggest screw I could fit in it. 2 Years and no problems. If you need to pull the pillar down for any reason it is simply 2 more screws.
the like button is in the lower left corner of the post. (thanks)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.