Pillar Grab Handles

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm needing to find a pillar handle for my truck. If someone here has a handle that works for you please share. I need it for my wife to better get into the seat. My truck is a 1990 and I'd like an easy install without too much modification required. Thanks

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I don't find it to be easy to do as our A pillars weren't designed for handles. The plastic trim isn't that stable. On Bruiser, I put 2 sets of exterior grab handles on the B piller behind the door (outside) in a continuous row (2 on each side). That coupled with a step of some sort and the armrest on the door do pretty well. I also thought about getting guiter amplifier handles (leather or vinyl) and installing them on the headliner with some very fine self tapping screws.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some cushioned nylon grab handles the like you'd see in a weight machine that I have been meaning to put in my truck. I'm just not certain where to install them. I've though of the A pillar, to the metal through the plastic, or on the headliner. Not sure where to do it for strength.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If handles you are speaking about are mounted inside I referr to those as Holee F#$& handles.. Our trucks never cqme with them and require something quite custom I am sure.

Outside handles on B pillar are a good option

Getting wife her own low rider an option

Getting new taller wife an option

Going wifeless an option

Small step or running board for current wife an option...

Just sayin

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed grab handles above each door on the inside. The handles came out of a Ford Explorer. I will see if I can get a pick of 'em tomorrow.Not as handy as on the A-Pillar but still works for my Wife to pull herself up and into the truck.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can always weld a threaded bung to the A pillar and them modify the plastic.
most likely the best option.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
That may be the best option. Or get some spacers from TSC and JB weld them to the A pillars, modify plastic and spacer to be flush with the outside of the trim, then install handle with fine thread sheet metal screws.

A welded bung done the same way would be best at ensuring it doesn't pull out one day with someones full weight on it.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
@riotwarrior

You are my favorite person today! Good idea and I know I could definitely use some to fix holes I drilled in the top of each door on Bruiser for the upper mirror mounts. I was hasty and only got 2 of the 4 through both skins to use a bolt/nut combo. The other 2 landed in the void between the skins where the inner one bulges out for structural support.

I may have to get back onto planning my interior handles again.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wifeless ya say

its cheaper to keep her.
plus ill never find another one that knows the difference between vatozone and motorcraft.LOL

and with twins..... i gotta keep her lol

something else i did for her...
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online