Pics of my 7.3 IDI Buildup...

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya david same idea run 2 pumps that flow over 1/2 a db2 you could run 2 db2 pumps but the injectors may not flow enough fuel

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run 2 super moose pumps with gears that run 1/4 of the engine rpm instead of half so they are alternating, and turn 6000rpm:sly

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
88 Ford,

CTR2(SW) Sutton here :)

With the right pump, my turbo is sized for 40-50 psi at 4500 RPM. No way that will happen on a stock pump, but still should be in the 25-35 psi range.

If the Super Moose will move the fuel I need, that might be worth a look. Trying for about 4x what a stock pump moves... That why I was wanting to go from 2 plungers to four.

ET3 Bixler here. Lol. I'm station in San Diego.

But anyway, I think I read that my Moose pump runs 90cc of fuel and a Super Moose will run 120cc. I'm almost positive that it would be more than enough fuel for 40-50 psi. Plus it wouldn't be too hard to swap out. It just costs a lil cash. :sly But either way you are lookin at a bit of cash to get more fuel.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
About $250 or so in materials... Plus a LOT of time cutting, fitting, and welding. Plus another 200 or so for ceramic coating.

Or were you talking about having me make you a set? Might could make that happen... :D

How is the fitment of those headers with the standard firewall on our trucks? I've about destroyed mine to fit a hypermax kit. :rotflmao

IHDiesel445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for header fitment, I'll find out for sure when I drop the engine in place. I did a lot of measuring before I pulled the engine out and by my measurements, it *should* fit with almost no firewall mods other than removing the bulky/thick insulation that the factory uses to reduce noise. Might put some dynomat or similar product in its place, but we'll see. The only spots I may have issues is right behind the cylinder heads and it might be tight with the steering shaft. According to my measurements I should have about 1-1/2 to 2" of clearance there though.

I won't be getting them back for a couple weeks, but when I do I'll let everyone know how it goes.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always throw on a body lift if you have clearance issues. I don't mind um but its definitely a preference.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't be getting them back for a couple weeks, but when I do I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Keep us updated on the progress. Like I said before, very cool build!:hail I'm interested in how that 75mm S400 works for you. I'm buying a 80mm S400 for the base charger (will be twins) on my DT466 project.

Heath

IHDiesel445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lesson learned for today... 5" exhaust parts ain't cheap. :eek: Just ordered some mandrel bends, tubing, stainless flex pipe, clamps, and to top it off... A Silverline polished stainless angle cut stack. :love:

For the fuel lift pump, I'm going with a Holley HP-150 pulling through 1/2" line with a FASS suction tube installed in the rear tank. Going to delete the front tank from the fuel system altogether and use it for gasoline to feed the Onan genset. Eventually I'll install one of those 38 gallon replacement tanks in the rear. Driving on 19 gallons is for the birds...

This will keep me busy whilst I wait for the ceramic coating of the manifolds and turbo pipes to be complete. :D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My buddy learned that 5" exhuast aint cheap when we had to buy some to patch his exhuast on his log truck we payed 174 dollars for a flex pipe snd s couple clsmps snd s 2 foot stick of pipe:puke:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lesson learned for today... 5" exhaust parts ain't cheap. :eek: Just ordered some mandrel bends, tubing, stainless flex pipe, clamps, and to top it off... A Silverline polished stainless angle cut stack. :love:

For the fuel lift pump, I'm going with a Holley HP-150 pulling through 1/2" line with a FASS suction tube installed in the rear tank. Going to delete the front tank from the fuel system altogether and use it for gasoline to feed the Onan genset. Eventually I'll install one of those 38 gallon replacement tanks in the rear. Driving on 19 gallons is for the birds...

This will keep me busy whilst I wait for the ceramic coating of the manifolds and turbo pipes to be complete. :D

What side are you gonna mount the stack on? I also think you need another ine so you can smoke people out on both sides! :D

IHDiesel445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stack is going on the passenger side. Easiest (and cheapest) way out. Out the turbo, over the passenger fenderwell, straight back and up out the bed.

Two stacks is, well, retarded IMHO. Why split it? You only have ONE outlet on the turbo. To each his own though. I will caveat that by saying that if someone was running TWO turbos in parrallel (one on each cylinder bank) then dual stacks would definitely be in order!

blownsmok4life

Reaction score
Where did you get the arp head studs? How much was it to get your pistons machined like that and are those stock pistons? Great build by the way I'm rebuilding my engine and I plan on running a he351ve and whatever power the stock pump will push.