parallel turbos

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing you have that root beer on top of the support to help level it out.

Whats the intercooler out of? Do you have any concerns about it obstructing air flow through your primary radiator?

Yes its out a 7.3 superduty and no, I do not have thought of it restricting flow.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think these are the lower brackets for the intercooler...

You must be registered for see images

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the lower mounts installed...

This sets the intercooling in a deceant place...

So have know area to cut further now...

All ducks are in a row, so the ac core can get put in place. I dont remeber the original r12 core being as small as this r134 one...

Ether way time for the intercooler to go back in...

Followed by the radiator, it will need lower support added...

There is now decent amount of space now...

Nor sure on this issue tho, the core support is bent and the intercooler dose not fit well. I am not sure on a good way to make it ture, all replacements have seen in the junk yard so far have been rusted out worse. Funds are not there right know to get a new one from lmc, wonder if they can mess one of these up.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made the lower support for the radiator, had to force it to be true.

@ISPKI, The reason I dont think there will be a issue with air flow is the dual SHO fans. One did good on the brass radiator and almost never switched to high, with the aluminum one it would switch on a hot day. Since have the extra restriction, went ahead and got the second. These are around 3800cfm on high and should get the job done.

Also the bumper was cut for a step, that should alow extra air flow.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
What are those out of? 90s SHO? or newer ones?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set the oil cooler in place that was rebuilt for the 6.9, hope past me used the vin k cooler.

Also got oil feed for the turbos loosely set in place as well. Am I correct that these are both pressure ports? Not sure if this nickel copper line is too soft to hold for ccompression fittings.

They tie into flex lines down here and need to find the -4 jic too 1/8 npt adaptors, I did not put them in the same place. Still up in the air on hold downs for this hose, so dose not vibrate around.

And since this bracket is not in use on the 6.9, it can be cleaned for a test fit...

Plotted placement of the turbo is where I predicted, the charge pipe fitment is still unknow till this engine is droped in the truck.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if that rearmost oil port is part of the main galley, never knew there was a port right there!

I do know that if you don't have a way to mount those copper lines at the AN fitting area they will eventually crack from the vibrations.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I second what Josh said. Brace those lines or they'll fracture at the fittings.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That’s my preferred gallery port. You’re good mouse on that.

I wouldn’t personally do what you did with the nicop & compression fittings. Although softer, I did my black truck racing style aluminum with compression fittings and I don’t like it. Wouldn’t do it again. It’s working fine, but they are finicky when you set them up or need to take things apart.

The oil ports to turbo feeds I do AN not compression. I’m not risking blowing oil at 42 psi onto hot side exhaust components.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes longer line would had been better, but exploring option to make what I got a long time ago work. Those compression where cheap, and have second thoughts on the nicop lines. The auto store did not have stainless steel 3/16 line, so got the nicop. Seeing where the lines can be routed, mounting the transition from hard line to hose dose not look possible. Closest bolt is the one left out for the oil cooler, to have a bracket but dont think I want one there. I will think about it and may have to get extenshion hoses, braided ptfe lines will be a bit costly.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I don't know if that rearmost oil port is part of the main galley, never knew there was a port right there!

I do know that if you don't have a way to mount those copper lines at the AN fitting area they will eventually crack from the vibrations.
Could put a small coil in the line to help absorb vibration, similar to how the brake lines at the master cylinder are done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7