> > P R O J E C T < < Brown BRUIN build !!!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After quite a bit of deliberation and thought on how to best accomplish my goals of a wicked custom built truck, I've in essence laid out a basic plan for myself.

I've got the three trucks in my yard

White Rhino, my flat deck one ton

Brown Bruin, my Supercab on a bare frame, that I have for JUST THE CAB

The newly acquired Cripple Hippo.

Thus I have made the decision to take the best of these trucks and combine them into one with plans to upgrade moderately later!:eek::rotflmao;Sweet

The original plan was pull engine from the crippled hippo and do super cab swap onto White rhino and install a replacement engine, thus keeping my truck a solid axle one ton. Now that's changed, I'm going a slightly different route with the same outcome.

First I like the frame that is in front of the steering box that makes up the spring hangers that is boxed but not crumple zoned on the 93 crippled hippo much more than the older 91 model frame of white rig!

Thus I'm going to remove box, it's spoken for box and tailgate to go to Guy here locally he's the one that had the ZF I have now and will work out swap details. He needs a box wants the one on the truck so we are golden that way.

That leaves removing the 93 cab and clip, no big deal I can do that! LOL gotta love tractors!:hail

So whats going to happen how will it all play out?

I inspected my brakes on the new to me 93 and they are actually OK and will suffice for now. Also no big overload springs on rear, however 2" lift blocks not 4" like my 1 ton.

THE plan is....

Remove clip, cab, box, transmission from the hippo so it's an engine and axles only. I may even pull that engine for a deeper inspection, that is to be decided. I'll roll that chassis down to Brians and steam/pressure wash that entire setup off something fierce.

Prep the Brown cab and the chassis of hippo for installation of the Supercab, that is 3" body lift inclusive and some clearancing of firewall for turbo and heads!

Install ZF from white truck into the chassis, and deal with extra wiring and plumbing as needed.

Get cab, clip etc painted in Khaki just same as my Muscateer. I'll later on paint the camo pattern onto the truck!

Drop turbo on engine, install cab, clip and my flat deck from white truck. Swap tyres over and be up and running. That will then be an F250 SC 4X short deck LOL with the goals of swapping my 1 ton running gear in later.

Once trucks running and such I'll build ***** of D60 and a 10.25 however now that I've got a 93 truck I'm going to need to measure the pinion yoke and see if it is the newer yoke and if so maybe swap carriers to an open from posi as I've got a locker for the rear.

I'm liking I don't have to remove any springs now from rear for a softer ride, and more flex, I don't need the heavy haul because well...I don't!

SO there you have it, an F250 to become solid axle with super cab and short deck...

That gives me a better front frame for a RSK later as well :D which is a big plus, this also makes adapting a speedo and some other subtle wiring easier from the 92SC to the 93 chassis compared to a mechanical speedo of the 91 F350 and it's chassis wiring.

I'm hoping to get a start later in week so I can get a truck up and running in about a month.

For now I've got damn fruit bins landlord wants made and he effed up not checking on size so his NEW bottoms don't fit all those bin top half sections I cut. Now I've knocked out one end and have to trim two sides down then reassemble the end and then set that on the bottom and assemble...Typical of the culture he is from...sends a dollar to save a dime...however I'm making enough to pay a few months shop rent!

Lots to do, so that is where I'm at and what I'm going to do!

little details like frame mounted batteries, coolant filters Racor filters and carrier pump and custom electrical for radios and stereo all to be dealt with on the fly.

OMG I'm going to make a HUGE *** list of all these things and start knocking them off one at a time!

Thanks for reading and looking forward to posting pics, and so forth.

Al

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back when I mentioned a 6x6 IDI, make your next pickup a 6x6, add a second rear axle.:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like another big project Al. Are you going to have any down time to eat and sleep...:eek::angel: Just thinking about what your going to do makes me want to take a nap.. Thanks bud... Gotta go now.. I need to check the back of my eyelids for leaks.... Tee Hee...:angel:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much done, did burn the six box bolts off got the fuel necks unbolted and unclamped from box and wiring undone too.

Just need a well...helping hand to lift it off now LOL

Next I suppose is front clip hmm...I'll have to document that one closely!

Al

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing anything to the engine before dropping it in?

Whatchutalkinboutwillis?

Well I do have an 088 Turbo sitting here that's well maybe finding it's way on the engine.

Other than that nope I'm not thinking much, funds are dictating the situation and weather too. Need this running ASAP as winter is coming! If I had coin I'd toss a Typ4 cam in it cause I have like 3 or 4 good cores floating around here LOL

I'm considering HG/VP and such for inspection purposes but that's a ton of coin I don't have to play with.

One thing I'll do though is oil cooler and drop pan and plasti guage bearings.

I can take the steam cleaner and spray up into the block clear it out and spray crap outta it with WD40 when done if I like...I'm not sure if I will or not. Same with pan as well.

Just not in any way I can make parts come out my ass unfortunately. If I could poop parts I would, Golden ones at that!

This damn kaboom has sooo caused me so much work I did not need nor want right now.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I gotcha.
Just wandering.

My experience with turbo idi's: I personally wouldn't run another without doing gaskets and studs.
But the mulah factor puts a kaboosh on things .

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
088 don't make ***** load boost, and I'm not towing or hauling heavy so that's not a huge deal. I'd like to see what I can get out of what I got so to speak.

Maybe in time my idea for a custom turbo will pan out...time and $$$

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, I am so glad I have that H O T *****...it makes life so easy!

6 bolts yesterday for box, ya cut those off who needs that rusty ***** anyway right?

Thus one tractor and one roofer and myself and Brian on tractor and one box gone!

Ha, Brown bruin at shop, white rhino and crippled hippo all in a row and Mustang put away :(

You must be registered for see images attach

Lil better shot

Hmm...whats this I see...a Plastic front tank ***, I wonder what that fuel capacity is hmmmm...

Now the rear is a tin tank *** over? Maybe it's time to hunt down a plastic Bronco 33 Gallon model to replace that one too????

Not sure what to make of the plastic/tin combo it's well...what it is I suppose.

So looking at getting a sandblaster tip for a pressure washer, like this here has anyone got experience with them?
http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Components/Wet-Sandblast-Kit/8067399.p

I'm thinking that my friends hot water or steam pressure washer would work super good with this setup and wow ya blast that frame off but good and then a quick splash of Khaki paint and call it Golden! Hmm....

Hmm 50 bucks on sale...here is a youtube vid of similar/same setup
http://youtu.be/wKqS8ZfED_I

Yuppers that's exactly what I need to make this thing turn out like something NICE...Hmm...Yuppers I'm gonna get one I think!;Sweet

Of course I'll :yell: post results if I do! LOL

Well me thinks it's front bumper and work at getting a few more things taken care of...rear cab mount bolts and front cab mount bolts and and and LOL..

Thanks for looking

Al

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This 90 350 I have for parts has a plastic front and steel rear tank. Don't know if it was replaced or came that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...this now makes things harder....

Gavin gdhillion has an F250 ZF 4x ok so he measures his rear ds weld to weld 45 1/2" *****...my F350 rear ds is 47 1/2" weld to weld...

Now *** my shaft will bottom out and take out the tcase. SUMOFAGUN...OK

Next Superwifey asks is it done yet? She wants truck ASAP more than I do like Yesterday, so this whole build may be changing...and quick to just an engine swap.

Farfenugen ragginbaggin bracka fritza racka bracka frack...

am I angry oh maybe a tad perhaps just didn't need this crap happening like that right now! DOH.

Oh on a side note I took apart a DMF today to have a gander and see how difficult a rebuild may be...looks deceptively simple, enough so that If I was to combine all the DMF here I may be able to make a really nice one!

Now to go out and measure my spare DS's out front LOL

More to come I'm sure in

As Al's World Turns!

Stay tuned for the next episode!