One loud I.D.I ...

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a cut through in my truck, turned out great. I put 2 coats of resin over the enclosure, and then brushed on herculiner

Attachments

• ct5.jpg
    ct5.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 20
  • ct2.jpg
    ct2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 31
  • ct3.jpg
    ct3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 26
  • ct1.jpg
    ct1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 29
  • pe2.jpg
    pe2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 23
  • ct8.jpg
    ct8.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 46

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I have to take my hat off to ya.... you boys with the standard cabs just don't have the room for good sounds...

judging from the size of the box she ought to play pretty low and do a pretty good job of finding all your loose fillings ;Sweet

what equipment are you using?

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
Looks good. I have heard of people doing that but never seen pictures.
How are you sealing between the bed and cab?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
good stuff man just something to think about if you went with a ported enclosure with the proper size port you could nearly double your spl

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a ported enclosure, the sono-tube is the port. I compete in MECA, i used to use a jeep cherokee that did really well, but now i had to move it to the truck. And it does peak VERY low, around 38 hertz. I am doing some tuning to get it to 46 or so. There is a competition at carl caspers in louisville tomorrow, so im hurrying to get it done :)

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
wow ya i guess i should have looked alittle closer sorry hey ive competed in carl casper before wish i could go this year but im on the market for a new amp let out the magic blue smoke out during a tuning session

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
hey let me know where u peak at id like to see how much diffrent a standard cab peaks at

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad two thumbs up;Sweet i have a complete Memphis system class m and a memphis lvs triple stacked 18 in a ported/tuned 10 cu ft box its tuned @29 hertz and its the **** i love it:D its stupid deep tho :sly

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It is a ported enclosure, the sono-tube is the port. I compete in MECA, i used to use a jeep cherokee that did really well, but now i had to move it to the truck. And it does peak VERY low, around 38 hertz. I am doing some tuning to get it to 46 or so. There is a competition at carl caspers in louisville tomorrow, so im hurrying to get it done :)

Not heard of MECA before I used to compete in IASCA way back in the day when it was in it's hay day. What class are you in? I was in the 3rd class which they judged pretty heavy on the install because most of us did stealth installs back then so it was almost sort of a car show because we tried to make the systems look like they were installed by the factory. If you happen to run across a copy of the Feb 94 issue of Car audio and electronics you will see one of my vehicles it was a 90 ply voyager mini van - tons of room to work with in one of those. Ah those were the days... take a $10K valued vehicle and toss in $5k worth of equipment and then spend 100-200 hours of labor putting it in... used to change things around for every show.

Used to run the circuit with a buddy that had a 24" sub in the bed of his toyota low rider - ran 2k watts to the subs and 1500 to the front stage. Ran the sub backwards into a ported enclosure. He was always the "Gee ****" guy as I called him...

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it was a 2 day event, i qualified the first day, with a 143.7 decibels @ 43hertz, with a term lab meter at the head rest. I found out saturday night that 37hz was my peak, so i planned on playing the 37 hz tone for sunday. 3 people from each class qualified to compete sunday.

Only 2 from my class showed up. I got up to meter when it was my turn, had my laptop with my tone out and ready. The judge looked at my batteries under the hood, and DISQUALIFIED me. because they werent strapped down. ugh i was so mad, especially because it was $60 to enter, and $40 in fuel for driving there both days.

However, everybody liked my truck. Considering it was one of the oldest there, diesel, and had a cut through. i demo'd for some people and everybody liked it. I also got a lot of notice from my tip, which was just my 6" stack. lol

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
ah yess they are sticklers on that type of stuff because it's a safety thing. They don't care if you bailing wire the engine but when it comes to the electrical they are sticklers...

Sorry it went that way but you'll be armed with more knowledge next time. This is how we learn so caulk it up to a learning experience. I learn a few things the hard was as well - it only makes you a more solid competitor next time around.

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i guess im gonna zip tie it down lol. ill post some pics in a couple of minutes