Old Brown's back on the road.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
First, a story.

Amy and I bought a foreclosure to maove a good tenant into as she was in a duplex with another good tenant, but they hated each other. So anyway, the property sat over the winter and had tons of leaks in the water lines. Plus, it has sewer issues. I had to beat a 4X4' hole in the basement floor and dig down a couple of feet to get to where the sewer line comes into the house. Fixed that and found out that a cleanout under an additon with a crawlspace was broken and full of dirt, so as time got shorter, the dirt from the original hole is still in 2 big piles in the basement.

Which brings us to Old Brown. I figured that if I hauled the dirt away in That Damn Truck, I'd also have to get the dirt out of it as it's going to Rising Sun on Friday. So I figured that if I get Old Brown running I could put the dirt in the bed of it and it could sit until after I get home. BRILLIANT!!!

Of course, it's sat for over a year.

Last night I went out to throw a charger on the batteries, carefully looked in the cab for wasp nests and spied one near the door hinges, I was just pulling out to grab the spray when one of the ******** nailed me right on my jaw line. That'sw when I noticed the second nest on the top of the door.

Anyway, I went back out tonight after letting the batteries charge only to discover that they didn't take a charge. They're low on water. I know should have checked, but I guess the wasp sting made me stupid. After a couple of hours or charging, ethering (I know, I know, but the batteries didn't have enough oomph to both cycle the glow plugs and turn the motor over), I discovered that the fuel gauge was empty. Damn!!

To make a short story long, we put five gallons in, threw on a set of jumper cables, shot a blast of ether and fired her up. She woofed like mad, but I knew it had to be fuel related, as it didn't do that when I parked it. Sure enough after getting it up to temp and driving it over to the apartment, it smoothed right out.

So other than both windows not working, the a/c no longer functioning and the windows liberally doused with wasp spray, it was a nice smooth ride.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's quite a tale Barney. It amazes me sometimes how long some vehicles can sit neglected, and still start right up. ;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
WOW! Gotta love them ole rides. ;Sweet
Prolly a good thing the a/c wasn't working. The smell of mouse **** and wasp spray would have been enough for me.:puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online