Old banks non wastegate parts

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A number of guys use a road draft tube and avoid venting the crankcase gases back into the intake(eliminate the cdr). This is what I will be doing.

IHOlRed

Reaction score
how hard is to install the banks turbo? 1 day?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with eliminating the square box, is it is also the intake hat. However, eliminating it is a VERY good idea. Not only does it free you from being locked into buying filters from Banks due to the non-standard size, but it prevents you from suffering this disclaimer.....

Anybody who is attending my free timing clinic in Bowling Green and has a Banks Air Box, MUST remove it prior to my working on your truck!

The darn thing just makes it too impossible to work on an IP.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
perhaps the wife could use it as a flower pot? :dunno

;Sweet

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
The only thing that I liked about the box is it makes it easy to have functional ram air hood scoop!

Now my hood scoop is just an air vent,..

Hood Scoop? Ram Air? Where is the link for this?

I am interested in more airflow!!!

Thanks
Thad

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with eliminating the square box, is it is also the intake hat. However, eliminating it is a VERY good idea. Not only does it free you from being locked into buying filters from Banks due to the non-standard size, but it prevents you from suffering this disclaimer.....

Anybody who is attending my free timing clinic in Bowling Green and has a Banks Air Box, MUST remove it prior to my working on your truck!

The darn thing just makes it too impossible to work on an IP.

If by intake hat, you mean turbo to intake manifold piece, the banks square box unbolts from the hat, allowing it to be retained.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I have 2 Early Banks #42020 Systems (one on the truck) that use the 3" filter and the intake hat and square box are separate. I guess this may apply only to the "early" Banks Non-Wastegated Turbos both of mine date from 1987.

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
mine is the newer old non-wg with the 3-1/2 high filter.
i may just hack it up with a sawzall, after i scrounge up intake parts.
probably take it to the range and test it against high velocity impact.

i'm really getting tired of that thing.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I was not aware that the square banks box came in a seperate hat version. Well... they must be rare, cause I've seen plenty of Banks boxes and they are all the dreaded one piece version.