Old banks non wastegate parts

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hood Scoop? Ram Air? Where is the link for this?

I am interested in more airflow!!!

Thanks
Thad

Hey Thad, check Darrins Big Ed extreme makeovever link in his sig.

Since the old Banks boxes flow air from the inside out, he had the top lid of the box cut out in the center and put a functioning hood scoop on the truck that allowed the cool fresh air to be crammed into the box.

Was much better to see first hand cause the pictures don't quite do it justice.;Sweet

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I was not aware that the square banks box came in a seperate hat version. Well... they must be rare, cause I've seen plenty of Banks boxes and they are all the dreaded one piece version.

mine is a 2 piece, i actually have to take the box part off to take my intake hat off.. my turbo also doesnt say banks on it, it says rotor master.. whats a normal turbo size on the banks kits?

oh and i called banks earlier this week to see where i can find a replacement compressor wheel.. i kept getting passed around from person to person. they werent helpful at all..

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score

Since the old Banks boxes flow air from the inside out, he had the top lid of the box cut out in the center and put a functioning hood scoop on the truck that allowed the cool fresh air to be crammed into the box.

Was much better to see first hand cause the pictures don't quite do it justice.;Sweet

Thanks

I'll give it a look!

Last edited:

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the Next day or so I'll get pictures of the "2 piece" setup, since I have 1 of them sitting in the garage.

FYI Both of my Square Air Boxes say " Banks Turbo 6.9"

Last edited:

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Type4 is/was making intake hats. I bought the parts and he machined them for me. I will be using this instead of the ********* box.
The elbow is off a newer 2000 ish Ford and the bottom piece Type4 came up with.

Attachments

• intake 1.jpg
    intake 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3
  • intake 2.jpg
    intake 2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 3

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

YouTube took off my video because of license agreements, I think because I used Sweet Home Alabama for the soundtrack. I have not had a chance to post it up elsewhere, I will try my Webshots and see if that works.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Great vidieo Darrin and great looking rig. I really like the rear fenders over the wheels. How did you dent the tailgate so badly???:eek:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Darrin

Did the ram air help with EGT's or boost? I would do it if it did.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online